New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was told you must have a rifle or shotgun permit to hunt with a bow during 6 day is that true? I have one my brother doesn't.
Thanks

·
Registered
211 Posts
The deal is...it's slammin! Especially when you have a piece of property between 2 gun club properties, or public land with gun hunting! No such rule exists about the shotgun permit bs. Your permit bow and hunting license is sufficient. You are even allowed to tag your buck on your 6 day tag if u take it with a bow during 6 day.

·
Registered
4,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks much!

·
Registered
7,176 Posts
You are permitted to hunt with the bow(with a bow license) during the 6-day shotgun season and check in your buck with your shotgun buck tag. However, in many zones, the permit bow season, and the shotgun season overlap-so I guess you could tag a buck with either the permit bow tag, or the shotgun tag. If you shoot a doe with the bow, though it has to go on the bow permit

·
Registered
15,556 Posts
i thought it was a surprise? ;)

·
Registered
11,803 Posts
I spoke with a CO the other day as zone 6 is closed for Permit Bow and my spot there is too small to gun hunt. Yes, I can Bow Hunt there during 6-Day as long as I have the proper gun and bow license, however, I can only shoot a buck with my bow, but I can tag it with my 6-day shotgun tag.

·
Registered
4,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Brian and Rob. I can't accept that guys. Rob I still say no Muzzy in the "Sanctuary" in case its a bribe! LOL! But really, much appreciated but too much bros.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.