New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
15,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have never been to Cabelas and want to go in January. Everyone that asked I told them GC from cabelas. Whats on your list?

·
Registered
5,833 Posts
Sign up for the credit card before you go. I just got a postcard telling me I'd get $30 in store credit on a $100 purchase as a credit card holder during their clearance 12/26 to 1/8.

If you sign up at at store they have some perks for you too, like $15. coupon, etc.

·
Registered
15,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the heads up Bob..[up]

·
Registered
5,833 Posts
As far as the Christmas List: I'm either old, rich, or bored, because I don't want or need much. (and I ain't rich!)

I'm a bit low on Pyrodex, I'm wondering if the new GPS units acquire a signal faster than the old ones, whether map software might be worth getting, and if they have a good wool hunting coat on sale I may spring for it.

·
Registered
6,056 Posts
new Knife
Galco holster for my USP
2lbs of jerkey from Dzuik's in Hondo Tx (thanks nephew!)
2-oz needlefish (black and purple)
Rangefinder
dozen beeman ics arrows
I'd like a new recurve but I'll wait till spring.

·
Registered
5,833 Posts
If you get the card before you go, do it over the phone and TELL THEM YOU WANT THE INVITATION CARD TO THE CLEARANCE SALE.

Here's the deal, right off my postcard:

Cardholder brings credit card and postcard, gets $30 voucher for $100 sale.

If you bring someone else over 19 who applies, you get $40 in club points for each one. (You can bring up to 5).

THEY get a cap for applying and $15 in points when they are approved, and $10 in points the 2nd time they use it.

I'm not a spendthrift, but I used my Cabela's card for all my business and personal spending and pay it off in full every month. I've "let it ride" and about 3 years ago when I was doing a lot of business travelling, I got on the phone, put in an $800 order (range finder, binos, scope, broadheads, new boots, all kinds of boy toys...) and paid like $31. for it.

·
Registered
15,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have to have the credit card first??

·
Registered
18,564 Posts
i'm going to Cabelas after new year. I finally got my check i was waiting for.[up][up][up]

·
Registered
15,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nice Andy, Ley me know when you want to go maybe we could get a NJH trip together..

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
I told NJFarmgirl that all I want for Christmas is a Benelli Super Black Eagle II...I don't think she loves me THAT much tho:D

·
Registered
7,283 Posts
Well I asked my wife for another Merkel but she said I wasn't getting another $4000 shotgun. Oh well, didn't need much anyway. ;)

·
Registered
15,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
hey buckman I know what Matty wants for Christmas..:D

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
i'm going to Cabelas after new year
Same here! I'm actually taking the wife and kids along, they'll get a kick out of the fish tanks, and mounts in that place. Making a day trip out of it.

I think I'm looking at the 7th or 8th of January.

·
Registered
4,885 Posts
I got $10,000 which I need to have pavers put in around the Pool and along my backyard! Oh, and an ATV!

AH, OHHH ...Damn...... what a dream that was!

·
Registered
15,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
come on guys I am very interested in what other outdoorsmen have on thier lists.

·
Registered
7,283 Posts
New hunting coat, boots dryer, food wrapper system, GC for Cabela's so I can just go shop, more Fiocchi Golden Pheasant loads in 16 ga., still hoping for the Merkel(not expecting it though, and a bunch of other nonhunting stuff.

·
Registered
15,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
njhunter, I'm looking into a new climber myself I also would like to get a dehydrator and possibly a smoker. Actually there a lot of things on my list. :D

1 - 20 of 53 Posts