New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to start to look for a youth bow, What are some good names, or what did you start your 12 yr old on? I don't know what to look for so I need a little knowledge before I stand at the counter.
Thanks
jeff

Oh don't want to break the bank either just something to start out on, and up grade as he progresses

·
Banned
2,514 Posts
new diamond is like 330bux. u can go from 25 pounds all the way up to 60pounds on the same limbs, my buddy just got them for his twins, the bow comes completely setup ready to shoot less the release. nice lil bows. ur kid will be set for years

·
Registered
5,875 Posts
Diamond razor edge 18-28" draw range and 30-60lb draw weight all with one set of cams and limbs. They are great bows that will grow with the shooter.

·
Registered
3,425 Posts
browning micro midas is what i learned on nice bow

·
Registered
15,556 Posts
Parker has a bow known as the Sidekick. It has 10 inches of draw length adjustment without using a bow press.As your child grows you can upgrade the limbs for 5o dollars. Great program great bow. And it's not a kid bow by any means. This is a bow that a 12 year old can shoot all the way through adulthood. It also has a lifetime warranty. I will be working the Cabelas classic at the Parker booth in Hamburg Pa on Aug 1 and 2 if you want to stop by and talk about outfitting your child and we should have facilities for your kid to shoot it. Here's a link. http://parkerbows.com/pb/2007/compounds.html?action=detail&detailsku=1056

·
Registered
12,261 Posts
Diamond razor edge 18-28" draw range and 30-60lb draw weight all with one set of cams and limbs. They are great bows that will grow with the shooter.
that is my wife's bow and it's pretty decent.

browning micro midas
my son is shooting a micro midas 3,another good starter bow [up]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts