New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What zone are you guys hunting for the week of shotgun for deer/bear?

I'll be out in deer zone 4, bear zone 1 with buckfever, brownstones, GunnyFern, Mysticguido, & maybe TITUS.

·
Registered
18,564 Posts
zone 8 usually but being OutlawJT got me in his club, i'll be hunting zone 11 too. This is all deer hunting of course.

·
Registered
18,564 Posts
i took vacation for the whole week[up] the wife will be pissed but what the hell. it only comes once a year.[cool]

·
Registered
25 Posts
deer zone 4, bear zone 1. I will be feeling very ill tuesday and wednesday of that week, won't be able to go to work.:p

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Fivehole you have that same sickness I have, man doesn't it suck? :D:p[up] also where in zone 4 will you be? we will be up there also

mystic, besides hunting you are the offical camp cook

·
Registered
25 Posts
If i am alone, in the blairstown area(close to my house). If i go with my usual hunting partner, dingmans area.
I've had success in other zones but something about zone 4 makes me want to hunt there exclusively.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Fivehole: I would say we are maybe 7 miles north from the Digmans Ferry Bridge on OLD MINE RD.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Five Hole- I'll be in zone 5 deer/zone 1 bear in Blairstown. Dave

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
I hunt zone 4 state WMA, but for the shotgun season I only go on that Saturday. I take my vacation days during the bow season, this way I could nail that huge buck before the pumpkin patch gets in there!

·
Registered
10,462 Posts
I stay away from zone 4 during the shotgun season. Too many hunters, the hunting pressure probably has gone down in recent years, but I still stay away. If I get my bear permit for that area then it's a different story.

Most likely I will be in zone 3. Unfortunatly I most likely have a business trip that week so I will only get out on Saturday.

·
Registered
25 Posts
About five years ago the area I hunt(blairstown) was crawling with guys on opening day. Since then it's been pretty much left alone.
I was there early a.m. on saturday and only two vehicles besides mine were at the parking areas.
Passed on a doe at 20 yards at 7:45 and saw a bear at 60 yards around 11:00. Looked about 250-300lbs.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts