New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Two and a half years ago i took my son and one of my old sxs and shot some trap my son seem to like the gun i was shooting so at the and of the shoot i took the gun to a well known sports shop with an in house gun smith ask him to put a kick-ezz pad on the gun clean and ajust the injector. A week later i get a call the gun is done come pic up. Oh boy great i tell my son and he comes with me to get i tand i tell him the gun is he's.I pay the bill wicth is 318.00 i thought was high but what the hell it and then we go to shoot a round of trap but now only one barrel will fire i take the gun right back the same day. A week goes by and i call he tells me the gun is fixed but he wants to test it. Another week goes by i call he tells me its fixed but he would like to do the same thing to the other barrel just to be safe. Ok what can i do i wait another week i call he tells me it;s fixed he just has to put the gun back togather now ive been calling every 8-10 weeks for the last two years the gun is not togather yet so wensday i get the store manager on the phone and tell him whats going on he seemed verry apolagatic and said i would hear from him the next day but suprize i did not. Waited to today and called the girl who works ther said he was in the back and put me on hold then she comes back and tells me he's not there ? so i give her my name and number that he already has. Five hours go by i call again the person who pics up the phone this time tells me he just walked out the door for the day. By the way it's a 1800.00 gun

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
dam definetly dont slack up something fishy going on [wallmad]

·
Registered
13,319 Posts
Send him a registered letter you want the gun back by a set date or you will take him to small claims court. -or have your lawyer send him a letter notifying him you will be suing him.

Just watch how fast that gun comes back to you.

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
for sure you have to give them a stiff arm at this point. To save some money, i would start with certified letter informing of your intent. And if no response follow up with a lawyer.

By the way, im wondering what place this was. I surely will not go there and pass the word.

man i dont know how you waited this long. Just reading this pissed me off.

·
Registered
15,556 Posts
Dude that's theft in my eyes.[eek]

·
Registered
13,319 Posts
Go there everyday, or picket the store with a sign saying what happened and tell his customers as they go into the store.

He'll probably fix the gun and give it to you right then and there.

·
Registered
5,055 Posts
Totally unacceptable. Sounds to me when he had it apart to fix the ejector he forgot to put some parts back or "tuned them beyond the point of no return", hence it won't fire one barrel. He may have broken it and/or has the part on backorder already and you just don't know it yet!

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
im gonna go there this weekend and if i dont leave satisfid you will all know what store it is and from here i will go to the nj archary site and then the local xbow sights and so on

·
Registered
5,833 Posts
Nobody else said it, but hey, this guy has your firearm.

Sounds like you may want to make note in that letter that you'll be getting the local PD involved.

God forbid that gun was stolen and used in a crime; the serial # on the purchase paperwork in Trenton says it is YOURS.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.