New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
16,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You have your first doe, next day a small six and a doe come in. Which do you shoot? The six and worry about maybe getting a shot at another doe latter,or The doe and have the rest of the season for your choice?

·
Registered
7,283 Posts
Heck, shoot 3 or 4 more does before shooting a buck. Either way, let that 6 grow up.

·
Banned
8,011 Posts
Tunatales01, in a bad zone you can still shoot a buck for fall bow. When permit bow starts and a buck comes out you can shoot it on opening day, if you have gotten you second DOE in the fall.

·
Banned
8,011 Posts
depends, do you see alot of DOE's in that area? Is he 1 1/2 yrs old? I have lots of DOE's where I hunt, if a nice 8 pointer, good body size deer...YES I would take him. But like I said I have lots of DOE's here.

Also if you have lots of room in the freezer, Shoot the buck and then just work the DOE's.

I have my DOE banked, so now I'm looking for 2 bucks, 1 for Fall Bow, the other for Permit Bow.

·
Registered
7,283 Posts
jerseyhunter,

Make that 8 pt a NICE one and I'll take him. A small 8 pt and he walks. ;)

·
Registered
876 Posts
I'd p [no swearing please] on the small 8 even if I had my BAD requirement filled, but that's just me. I'd start thinking about shooting the buck if was at least a 100 inch buck.

·
Registered
5,834 Posts
shoot the doe, fill the freezer, give some meat to my neighbors who like it.

·
Registered
3,768 Posts
Just hop in your car and drive away. You're sure to hit a deer on the car ride home anyway and maybe it will be a six pointer.

What, me cynical?

Ant:D

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
Shoot the doe, unless he is a real nice six about 20" wide with 10" tines and weighs more than 140lbs!!! :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts