New Jersey Hunters banner

what will you change for next year

2K views 22 replies 16 participants last post by  bob825 
#1 ·
i'm going to try some small food plots one of the wma's i hunt has a few old unplanted rye fields going to try and seed it with rye in the spring and see what happens also going to get into muzzy hunting and thinking of a new bow the one i have now is like 12 yrs old

#3 ·
Muzzy will be new for me. Hopefully I will have my puppy and will be training that. If I have the pup I don't know how much deer hunting will be done.

#7 ·
I love Muzzy !

Jim I went to a Marlin Slug Master modle 512 with a nikon scope lasy year . Big change from the 11-87 . Really does the job .

I am going to try a new spot . I have to get deeper back from wheer I hunt now . Not really going to change anything else . If its not broke dont fix it right ???[confused]

#8 ·
The places I hunt are mostly thick cover thats why I like the 00. This year I was really looking at where I was seeing deer and I had a lot of shots that would have been clear for a slugger! I like the idea of being able to reach out a bit further! I also do a lot of soft pushes and drives so having the 00 flying gives me more room for error on moving targets! I have two 12ga shotguns so I think I'll set one up for slugs and the other I'll use for buckshot! Then I can use the one that fits that days hunting situation!

#9 ·
Jersey Jim I also have 2,the 1100 is fully rifled with a cantalevered scope for slugs only, the other an 870 I put a weaver scope mount that I can use my front and back sites for either slugs or buckshot at close range. I use that one in the thick stuff. It also has choke tubes so I use either the imp. cylinder or rifled. The rifled and 00 buck is only good for 20 yds but shoots slugs fine to about 100, the imp cylinder is good with 00 buck to about 40 yds and slugs out to 75.

As far as changing anything this year, I hope to get a new bow, and am also going to try out a couple new spots and maybe pick up another climber (cheap) I have 2 now, to leave way down in the swamp lands cause it's a mother trying to get in and out all the time.

#14 ·
What will I change for next year? I will hunt deer in three different states, a first for me. New Jersey, Kentucky, and Illinois are on the plate this year.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.