New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What weapon will you be using for six day..And will you be going for just deer or bear too....I'll be using my H&R Ultra slug 20 ga .I'll be chasing yogi in zone 3 ...

·
Registered
7,954 Posts
I'll be using my Mossberg 500. And depending on how buckshot patterns out of it, will answer whether or not I'll use my slug barrel or buckshot.

David

·
Registered
18,564 Posts
mossberg 500 with slug barrel and scope. i just got the barrel and scope at the end of the season last year. i sighted it in and waited for this year. i took the gun out friday for the first time with the barrel and scope. i got a doe with it. i can't wait till 6 day.

B

·
0 Posts
I'll be using my 12ga. REMINGTON 11-87 SPS with Lightfield slugs, topped off with a Leupold scope

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
remington 870 12 ga, cabelas pine ridge 3x9 2 3/4" federal premium 1 oz sabots.

Primarily for bear in zone 3, but a good buck best beware.

·
Registered
12,261 Posts
12 ga Rem 1100 fully rifled w/ Leupold 2x7 shotgun scope-Rem copper solid sabots
-or-
10 ga Browning BPS w/ Pattermaster choke-Federal Premium 00 buck... [up]

·
Registered
5,435 Posts
Depends on the situation.
For thick woods and foul weather I have an old beater Mossberg with iron sights. This ol' Mossberg has killed at least 25 deer. It looks like [no swearing please] but it is deadly accurate[up]

For open fileds and open hardwoods I use a custom made New England Arms single shot slug gun with a 2x7x33 Luepold scope. It is a Tack driver.

I also have a Belgium made Browning 12 ga. Autoloader that I have never taken out as I am afraind I would scratch it (It is stupid I know) but the gun is worth a bit of money and was given to me by my Uncle who passed away so it means a lot to me.

·
Registered
7,283 Posts
I'll be using my 12ga. REMINGTON 11-87 SPS with Lightfield slugs, topped off with a Leupold scope
I have the exact the same setup. I've taken a lot of deer with it.
But I may give the new T/C Encore 20 ga slug gun a try with Remington Solid Copper slugs.

·
Registered
6,056 Posts
I was looking for a slug barrel with Iron for my Moss 500.

I'll stick to buck-shot with a rifled slug for insurance.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
12ga. REMINGTON 1110 w/Weaver low light 3x9 scope & 1 1/4 oz. Lightfield Hybred EXP Maximum Expansion Saboted Shotgun Slugs.

Talk about really reaching out and touching them with plenty of knock down power.

12 Gauge Lightfield Hybred EXP Ballistics Data
http://www.lightfieldslugs.com/lightfield/ecatalog/index.cfm?id=2&cfid=6035514&cftoken=8202574

0 yds. drop --------

25 yds. drop = +0.95

*50 yds. drop = +2.17

75 yds. drop = +1.92

*100 yds. drop = +0.00

125 yds. drop = -3.81

150 yds. drop = -9.70

200 yds. drop = -21 to -22 inches approx.

= DEAD DEER

*Slug guns MUST be zeroed (sighted-in) while the slug is supersonic (above 1220 ft/sec in velocity). Therefore you must zero your gun 2 inches high at 50 yards, absolutely centered above your point of aim. You will then be dead-on zeroed at 100 yards because gravity will see to it. Zeroing at 50 yards also cuts down (by approximately 60%) your chance of adjusting windage error into your scope setting.
[up][up][up]

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
my bowtech constitution.

bow hunting only this year.

-dan

1 - 20 of 26 Posts