New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
4,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
He authorizes a 747 to fly low over NYC for a photo op?!?! He tells the NYPD not to tell the public about it beforehand!!!! Please tell me that im not the only one who is really worried about this act that he pulled. What on earth was he thinking?? The poor people that saw this plane had nothing but 9/11 flashbacks. God Help Us.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20090427/pl_afp/usmilitaryaviationexerciseapology

·
Premium Member
14,409 Posts
The poor people that saw this plane had nothing but 9/11 flashbacks.
"Let them eat cake!

·
Registered
4,202 Posts
Boy you guys must not watch enough of the mainstream "news" media on a daily basis. Haven't you heard? Obama is the smartest, best, most incredible, dynamic, genius President we have ever had. He doesn't make a single mistake....EVER. Wise up, you must all be those Right Wing Extremists that Napolitano was trying to warn me about.

·
Super Moderator
12,370 Posts
[wallmad]

·
Registered
5,592 Posts
While I don't agree with Obama or his views, this wasn't his idea, it was someone else that approved the flight. I just don't like false info being spread around regardless of who it is, facts are facts.

"Last week, I approved a mission over New York. I take responsibility for that decision," said Louis Caldera, director of the White House Military Office. "While federal authorities took the proper steps to notify state and local authorities in New York and New Jersey, it's clear that the mission created confusion and disruption."

http://www.cnn.com/2009/US/04/27/low.flying.plane/index.html

·
Registered
14,824 Posts
said Louis Caldera, director of the White House Military Office.
The man should be fired immediately. Not only for approving something so maasively stupid, but for wasting huge amounts of taxpayers money.

Didn't anyone in the Obama administration ever hear of Photoshop? I'm sure they have, they had to make all of his US citizenship papers with something....

·
Registered
352 Posts
There has to be more to it than this.

Why wouldn't you just get out in front of this...get it on the news "Air Force One will be making a fly over of NYC today"

People would have been out in the streets looking for it and quite happy...instead it's a PR disaster for the white house. The guy who authorized this definitely needs to go under the bus.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Leave it vulnerable to attack? If a personal, portable surface-to-air missile was smuggled into the country?
Also make note that it would be EMPTY. A manpad stationed on the turnpike in the breakdown lane could hit a jet taking off from Newark easily. Blazing hot engines throttled up for takeout make a great heat signature. A 747 casually putting around NYC, not so much. Besides, AF1 has anti-missile tech on it.

·
Registered
747 Posts
Also make note that it would be EMPTY. A manpad stationed on the turnpike in the breakdown lane could hit a jet taking off from Newark easily. Blazing hot engines throttled up for takeout make a great heat signature. A 747 casually putting around NYC, not so much. Besides, AF1 has anti-missile tech on it.
I was only taking a guess. But ....

Whenever the president's 747's land or take off anywhere, security is there weeks in advance securing the area and flight path.

Maybe to a terrorist, the downing of one of the president's planes would be of great symbolic value, more so than killing hundreds onboard a commercial 747, and it would be worth spending that one missile they got into the country, and even worth getting caught. Or, even a large gun that was assembled in a Jersey City mosque from smuggled parts.

I do realize that they carry anti-missile technology, but having this large, fat aircraft flying low and slow repeatedly around a small area .... presents its own problems.

Again ... I was just guessing.

·
Registered
4,202 Posts
While I don't agree with Obama or his views, this wasn't his idea, it was someone else that approved the flight. I just don't like false info being spread around regardless of who it is, facts are facts.
Let me get this straight. Air Force One over NYC and you don't think the POTUS knew about it? Wow. Clearly this guy Caldera is the designated flunky to fall on the sword here for Obama. Who can't figure that out?

·
Registered
747 Posts
The article I read, not the one posted on this thread, said that it wasn't the actual AF1, but another plane that would be AF1 if the President were on it.
Whatever plane the president is on, is Air Force 1.

And, a plane is only Air Force 1, when the president is actually on it. When the president steps abaord, the aircraft changes callsign to Air Force 1.

We operate two, identical 747's fitted to carry the president. They are kept at Andrew's AFB outside of Washington. One of them, flew over NY and Jersey City yesterday.

·
Registered
3,988 Posts
Blaming Obama for the flight is like blaming Bush for the war. There were a lot of other people involved. I believe congress/senate voted for the war and then when it was convenient congress started to back off as their elections were fast approaching!

Face it, we have morons elected into office. I just hope the guy flying the plane wasn't the same guy who caused a DUI accident over the weekend while his license was suspended for the 78th TIME!!!

Not Obama's fault. Just our stupid politicians not THINKING!!

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.