New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I use HAWGS SCENTS, I never had deer spook, they seem to be relax when they smell it. I followed the directions to a "T" and it has been working for me for the past few years.

·
11,226 Posts
I think here in Jersey scent is not as big a factor as in the big woods in other states. Jersey deer are used to smelling people probably on a daily basis. I do use a carbon scent blocker on my outer clothes. I also use deer in rut scents to try and attract them. Tinks69 and others.

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
I know a few who smoke. Many have been successful. The ones who score keep the wind in their favor. Rushcreek deer lure works well. Straight doe as a cover and doe in heat during the rut.

·
11,226 Posts
My old man!!!!!! His first deer was a 275lb. 10 point from maine. He was 16 and his older brothers didn't want to bring him but were forced by my grandfather! Anyway he had no clue where to hunt and his brothers didn't help him so he found an old mining shed to sit next to where he could see pretty good into the open woods. Not being into the whole hunting thing he was smoking like crazy and had just taken a dump when out of nowhere walks up this monster 10 point. He shot this deer at about 35 yards with a cancer stick in his mouth!!!!!!! Go figure!!!

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
I hunt right along the fence line of route 80. The exhaust fumes are my cover scent. The noise also masks my noise.

·
Registered
10 Posts
one of the guys i hunt with says just bout everytime time he shoots a deer he has a cigerret in his mouth and he hunts from the ground with no blind or no cover scent. he thinks it attracts but i dont think so.

·
Registered
4,866 Posts
Not big on them . I tried a few with no luck .

A guy I know on the net makes his own Human Urine mixed with ammonia . 80-85% urine to 15-20% ammonia and a touch of Purreed apple and aged for about 1 week in a Open container...

He is also a cam builder like my self and uses it on mock scrapes . If you seen the buck pictures he has it would blow your mind .

·
Registered
4,866 Posts
Yea I am a Home Brewer ! I build digital deer cams and Video Deer cams . I'll post a couple pics from my units if anyone wants to see them .!

·
Registered
4,866 Posts
Here is a couple pictures . All NJ zone 16 deer

Here is a picture of one of my video units . I will go check it in the morning and if I have any footage I will post it for you .

·
Registered
4,866 Posts
Spltlim ,

I have made a couple diffarent digitals . Olympus D-370 and D-380 . Sony P32 and P41 . All real easy to hack and get going !

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Thats hot !!![up] I dont mind the 35 but i hate waiting for the pics..but i set most of my cams on state land..this year i had 1 stolen and 1 eaten by a bear..so i dont mind loosing a 10$ cannon as much as i would a digital

1 - 20 of 26 Posts