New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4,866 Posts
I started off with a Photo Scout 35mm . I now build my own digitals and have to say digitals is the way to go .
I have 5 Sony P 41 units . 3 Sony P32 Units , 3 Olympus D-380 units one is IR digital , and One video unit but working on another one now .

·
Registered
4,866 Posts
I have the Pixcontroller UNI , Pix controller Lanc , Pix controller LE and the BG1 in my set ups . They all work great nothing bad to say about any of them .

·
Registered
4,866 Posts
I just put together a remote slave flash for my units using the new Pix Slave board . If you are looking for extra flash range nothing will touch the new PIX board . It works with any camera . I'll post a couple pictures of it and what it does .

Here is my webshot page link to pictures as I built it.
SLAVE BUILD UP

Don

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Dbl.lunger
real nice cams, very very professional looking..does JHO's site have the hacks for the digital cams and PIR's that you use?

·
Registered
4,866 Posts
Well I have been booted off of JHO since I started my ownsite and he didnt like it much .

Not to many mods on cams there as most of us have been put on admin hold there .

Not sure what is floating around on Jesses since I have not been on there in a long time .

Thanks for the kind words !

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
I use the cheap one from cabelas. If they get stolen no big deal. Though none have. I've got pics of hunter on stateland walking right by. They are simple and very durable. I don't baby anything. I should be a products tester.LOL I research and buy only good durable gear. Price doesn't mean perfection.

·
Registered
2,567 Posts
I have two stealth cam and a Moultrie gamespy 200 that I use. And have two cameras I have set aside for wo more home brews.

Double Lunger whats your website name? I got booted from JHO for having an archery site...they're kinda stupid like that over there.

·
Registered
5,232 Posts
Moultrie gamespy 200
These are alot cheaper than the cuddys. Are they any good at all?

·
Registered
2,567 Posts
Duckmaster they're ok..trigger is a bit slow and they suck in cold weather. But if your just lookin to put it over a feeder or not lookin for much it'll do just fine.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
we have 2 moultrie digitals.. They are ok.. battery life SUCKS.. next one will def. be a CB.

I am now a believer that the FLASH scares the big ones enough to keep them off the trails I have cameras on.

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
I have a few moultrie's the battery life does suck like java said and the trigger speed is real slow.
I also own 2 cuddys they are the best by far.

·
Banned
2,691 Posts
Double lunger, I build my own also, it's a lot of fun. I get my equiptment from pixcontoller.com.

This is a digital video recording unit I built... :D

·
Registered
21,476 Posts
Im still using one of my remaining Moultrie cams at least till this one dissapears like the other did [mad] Some time this summer I am hoping to build a few for myself. You can't buy a better camera then the ones I see built.

·
Registered
9,467 Posts
I've got 5 cameras running 24/7 during the season. The brands are Highlander Photo Pro (now out of business), 2 Talon Extremes, and 2 Cuddebacks. The Talons are the most reliable, with awesome battery life. The Cuddebacks take the best pix and videos, but are more complicated to use, the Photo Scout takes lousey pix under 25 degrees. All my cameras are infra red.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts