New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
9,711 Posts
I like mono for worm and jig fishing as its a little more durable around structure. while braid is tough to break it wears and frays very easily when being rubbed/

If you want to try braid stay away from Power pro , they have had a problem with their spooling process for YEARS and still dont really stand behind thier product when it fails.
I have found spider wire stealth braid to be the most cost effective , and it is good line.
Also like all the new Daiwa braids as well.

spider wire and suffix braid are very simaler , but I have found the spiderwire stealth retains its color much longer than suffix does

·
Registered
10,949 Posts
RDF why not on spinning?I find that a thinner line keeps the spool more full when casting creating less friction on the end of the spool resulting in insanely far casts.

·
Registered
9,711 Posts
the lines that had issue with were 30 and 50 pound. they were getting inconsistant winding during thier spooling process causing bumps in the line that would pop when under a hard run . There are hundreds of pages of the problem written on mny fishing sites and they would not replace spools you could feel were bad that were brand new.

started using the other lines available and never looked back .

·
Registered
17,901 Posts
I don't like the feel on spinning rods. The line hangs on the eyes unlike casting. IMO line on spinners need to be changed so much more that mono makes sense

·
Registered
9,711 Posts
all braids are tough on yoyur fingers when used alot on a spinning rod where casting is involved. we use it on the spinning reels we jig tuna with and it works great as your just dropping the jig. Though I do like hollow core a little better on the spinners

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.