New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Shot a nice buck in Zone 51.... still holding their racks. 35 yd shot broadside. Hit may have gotten a little low. As I looked where I shot, I couldn't find any blood and decided I would wait unit morning. On the way out (about 50 yds) I saw my arrow,which looked like it penetrated about 10 inches. Still, I left the woods.
After talking to my neighbor, he told me it is supposed to rain tonight. So after an 1 1/2 hr wait...we went back out to the woods. Looked for over an hour and found some spots and then this pool of blood

Dark red blood with a small amount of bubbles. I'm hoping this is lung? Left the woods and will return in the a.m.

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
766 Posts
Once first light hits start your search, with the forecast your blood trail might get washed away so I'd search in a grid pattern looking for the body!

Good luck

·
Registered
6,130 Posts
I wouldn't wait!! Get in there after him before the rain washes everything away..any other day without snow/rain in the forecast I would say wait...but u just dont have that luxury this time..gl hope it works out for u

1 - 5 of 5 Posts