New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
3,190 Posts
Thats a good ?. I was going to ask the same thing!!! I usually like to get in my morning stand about 45 min before sunrise and afternoon usually 3 to 4 hrs before dark. I think this time of year u might see a buck any time of the day though!!I think it also depends what kind of set you are hunting. I hunt 1 stand that the deer are coming back to their beds so I usually get in there in the morning just after sun rise. It helps me if they are in the fields and I can see them and not spook them!!

·
Registered
5,435 Posts

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
This is where I am bad. I am to get to my spot about 30 minutes prior to sunrise, but I always end up walking in at day break.

·
Registered
8,694 Posts
I like to get in while it is still dark usually about 30-50 mins before you can see anything.

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
Posted: 05 Nov 2005 3:58 AM

Currently Online Posts: 2390
hour before sun up.
Considering you post this a 3:58 I am going to assume your heading out now.

·
Registered
10,462 Posts
I have been noticing recently that I see more deer on the afternoon hunt. Take yesterday for example. I was up in the tree at 5:30 hunted tiill 11:00 saw nothing but squirrels. Got back up in a differeent spot at 2:00 and saw 6-8 doe. So far this season I have only seen 1 deer in the early AM.

I tried to remember some of the deer I shot over the years. I could only remember one deer I shot before 7am. Several were in the late AM.

I realize this contridicts the prevailing theories on deer hunting. I have no intent to abandon morning hunts especially during the firearm seasons when more hunters in the woods are moving the deer around.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts