New Jersey Hunters banner

What ticks you off when Fishing?

5K views 91 replies 57 participants last post by  Catskillhuntr 
#1 ·
I saw this post on another site and thought that it would be a good one for here.

What ticks you off when fishing?

The main thing that ticks me off is when I see someone with a stringer full of trout and they are trying to give them away. If they don't want them then why keep them?

I only keep fish if:

I am going to eat them within 48 hrs.

or

Someone asks me to keep a couple for them

or

If it is bleeding to badly to release

#2 ·
What ticks me off while fishing.....

After you catch one and a guy stands right next to you almost in your hip pocket!

#5 ·
Everything you guys have said so far is what ticks me off.

I think the litter the most though. Infact I have to bring a garbage bag over to S. Branch Raritan if I go tonight.

Some people are SUCH SLOBS. There is a frigging garbage can in the parking area, yet people still dump stuff everywhere.[mad]

As for the giving away fish, Im a catch and release fisherman, but I will give away a decent sized fish if someone is actually going to eat it. But if you're not standing there when I catch it, away it goes.

Caught 4 in a half hour last night. 2 nice sized, one decent fish, and a dinky one. All rainbows.

Just remember to enjoy yourself when you're out fishing. Try not to let the jerks and slobs get you down.

Have a good one---Matt:)

#7 ·
D..In Nj the topic should be "What doesn't tick you off"!
:D
I hate the 2 casters...2 casts and time to move..2 casts and time to move..

The idiots walk right threw the best pool only to fish it from the otherside for none other than 2 casts!!!

#9 ·
I made these signs up to get the attention of my " tresspassing Friends " It seems to have worked. Seems I now have my pond to myself again.
** Note - Drag was kind enough to edit the picture of the sign I sent him. But the real signs say it all !
I love that!

#26 ·
ticks me off: i fall in the water
everyone is catchin fish but me (and i still dont crowd people[smirk])
im fishing with lure and a wormer comes in the area
i can see the fish and he wont do so much but watch my bait float by
i get all the way to the fishing spot and forget my pole in the truck (it happens)
step foot in the water to start off the day and have a leak in my boot

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.