New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
Banned
3,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw this post on another site and thought that it would be a good one for here.

What ticks you off when fishing?

The main thing that ticks me off is when I see someone with a stringer full of trout and they are trying to give them away. If they don't want them then why keep them?

I only keep fish if:

I am going to eat them within 48 hrs.

or

Someone asks me to keep a couple for them

or

If it is bleeding to badly to release

·
3,413 Posts
What ticks me off while fishing.....

After you catch one and a guy stands right next to you almost in your hip pocket!

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
Everything you guys have said so far is what ticks me off.

I think the litter the most though. Infact I have to bring a garbage bag over to S. Branch Raritan if I go tonight.

Some people are SUCH SLOBS. There is a frigging garbage can in the parking area, yet people still dump stuff everywhere.[mad]

As for the giving away fish, Im a catch and release fisherman, but I will give away a decent sized fish if someone is actually going to eat it. But if you're not standing there when I catch it, away it goes.

Caught 4 in a half hour last night. 2 nice sized, one decent fish, and a dinky one. All rainbows.

Just remember to enjoy yourself when you're out fishing. Try not to let the jerks and slobs get you down.

Have a good one---Matt:)

·
Registered
612 Posts
People who dump or litter on WMAs.
That really erks me!![mad] I just about always walk out of the woods with more than I came in with. I hate picking up after others but hate even worse to leave it there.[mad]

·
Super Moderator
7,895 Posts
D..In Nj the topic should be "What doesn't tick you off"!
:D
I hate the 2 casters...2 casts and time to move..2 casts and time to move..

The idiots walk right threw the best pool only to fish it from the otherside for none other than 2 casts!!!

·
Registered
9,467 Posts

I made these signs up to get the attention of my " tresspassing Friends " It seems to have worked. Seems I now have my pond to myself again.
** Note - Drag was kind enough to edit the picture of the sign I sent him. But the real signs say it all !

·
3,413 Posts
I made these signs up to get the attention of my " tresspassing Friends " It seems to have worked. Seems I now have my pond to myself again.
** Note - Drag was kind enough to edit the picture of the sign I sent him. But the real signs say it all !
I love that!

·
Registered
9,467 Posts
Yep, It certainly got their attention. Especially when I posted the signs under them that say " IF YOU CAN READ THIS SIGN YOUR IN RANGE " I've actually seen people look around and leave. QUICKLY !!

·
Registered
9,467 Posts
Just give me your e-mail address and I'll send ya the " unedited " picture. Get some HEAVY bright yellow paper from Kinko's of any copy store and print them on your printer. They last a few months. But are CHEAP to make. AND THEY DO GET PEOPLES ATTENTION !

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
Thats frickin hillarious!!!

You had me rolling!:D

Gotta love the lower sign...."If you can read this, your in range.":D:D:D[up][up][up]

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
It is rule with my kids to bring back everything we take plus 1 other thing each. They don't it without me telling now and most times grab more then one thing.

Till our trails cross,
Ryan

·
Registered
273 Posts
i hate litterbugging scum...but ticks PISS ME OFF...i got lymes a few years back..gotta pay closer attention to yourself when you get home!!

1 - 20 of 92 Posts