New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I stepped off the main trail a few times in the Wilderness Lodge area trying to get a better look at deer.. I saw 4 snakes, black 3-4 ft long. As they slithered away they were shaking their tales, like mimicking a rattlesnake.

·
Registered
2,640 Posts
Sounds like red-necked timeshare snakes. They lose the red band around their necks when they sense prey or a sale nearby and then appear all black.

Seriously, we have a California and a Gray-banded kingsnake that both vibrate their tales when agitated sometimes. The California king is much more aggressive and easily agitated...go figure, must have been an activist in a past life.;)

·
Registered
10,464 Posts
What snake did I see in Disney? ... I saw 4 snakes, black 3-4 ft long.

Did they look like this one? ...

If so, you were looking at a Black Racer. They're non-venomous, but can be aggressive when disturbed. Sometimes they flee & sometimes they'll actually come after you if they see you as a threat! They're a fast moving snake that often carries it's head & the first 6-8 inches of its body off of the ground when moving.

I see them all the time on my property in NC.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.