New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Banned
5,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well they are out there as we speak and growing horns for a little while now. What size deer are out there now? Ive seena fes smaller 8" spikles starting but tomorrow im gonna check the trail cam. Hopefully something there!

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
I saw what is going to be a real real nice one the other day at work...He was already 1-2" wider than his ears with real good brow tines...He should be well over 20" wide when he is done growing

B

·
0 Posts
Well I saw at least 6 great bucks in WEST PATERSON, no hunting allowed, all 6 had already grown great antlers, I counted 4 with 8 points, and 2 with 6 points, the 8 pointers already past there ears, and all about 200lbs.

·
Banned
5,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Biggest one i have a pic of on the recent film looks like he's just gonna start branching off. He's only got maybe a 6 ot 7 inch long hrack growing. He'll prob end up being a small 4 or 5 point basket rack. I also have a 7" spike as well. Nothing bigger as of yet. Plenty of fat doe:D

·
Banned
5,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
btw...

Isnt the usual groth for bucks around june/july like 1/2 to 3/4" a day? And then like the end of august they are pretty much finished?

·
11,226 Posts
I saw a good buck this morning on my way to meet Woj. It was on Green Pond Rd in Rockaway right near where I saw the dead one last week. It's antlers were already out past it's ears with the brow tines the only split so far... I also saw two more dead bucks today..[sad]

·
Registered
545 Posts
saw a buck last night in kenilworth that is going to be a monster!! i am assuming it is one of the three i saw often last year and i was fishing last night near black brook park and he came out - so i walked over and was within 10 yards (did not have a camera) rack is already a foot off his head and brow tines have to 6-7 inches already!!!!

·
Registered
623 Posts
I've only seen one so far. Just above his ears. Nothing special but you cant eat bone right? The cameras and treestands will be up this weekend.

·
Registered
545 Posts
also was driving in readington yesterday and saw a completely white deer- only bark spots on the body where around the eyes and glands- awesome site and even the wife was impressed (or acted like she cared)

·
Banned
5,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I know about garrewt mountain....some nice ones up there. No hunting so thats why they are there.

Actualkly although theres no hunting the local PD that patrols hunt it anyway. Just dont tell em i told ya!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts