New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, looking to put a scope on my savage 220, just seeing what everyone likes or have on there gun.. I like leupold.. What do u think. Also if anyone what's to sell a good scope for this gun let me know.

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
I have 2 set up, one is a straight Zeiss 4X32 and the other frontloader Zeiss 1.5-5.8X38 bit pricy but no comparison under low light

·
Registered
4,710 Posts
I have 2 set up, one is a straight Zeiss 4X32 and the other frontloader Zeiss 1.5-5.8X38 bit pricy but no comparison under low light

Do they make these anymore?

The low end Zeiss went to a Terra/China platform didn't they?

Only the high end are currently made for Zeiss?

·
Registered
6,592 Posts
I put a Leupold Rifleman 2x7x32 on mine but was also considering a Redfield Revolution as well.

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
Do they make these anymore?

The low end Zeiss went to a Terra/China platform didn't they?

Only the high end are currently made for Zeiss?
these are the conquest.. pop up now and then on E-bay and Davis sporting in NY still have a few. I personally do not care for the Terrra scopes.

·
Registered
5,456 Posts
As an all around my go to is a leupold 2x7. You don't need any magnification higher then that in these parts. The scope itself is smaller and lighter then the 3x9s or anything larger. They make for a nice small compact scope to get the job done. Just my 2

·
Registered
167 Posts
just curious, why would you have two of the exact same setups basically when the one with the ziess scope would do the same thing?

·
Registered
13,559 Posts
Every one of my guns wears a leupold mostly all vx three and vx two on my savage I put a leupold riflemen 3x940mm from sportsman guide $169.00. Gun will shoot out a ace of spades at 100 yards with Remington acu tips 3 inch .

·
Registered
212 Posts
Whatever you get make sure it is meant for a slug gun. A rifle scope may work but the ballistics of a slug require much more dramatic adjustments and a rifle scope could bottom out making it impossible to sight in.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I also have Leupold ultimate slam best scope I have had on a gun can't go wrong !

·
Registered
9,869 Posts
Leupolds are the only scopes I put on my guns. Ive used them in the worst possible weather and low light conditions with no problems. VX3 3.5x10x50 on my Savage 220 shotgun and VX3L 4.5x14x50 on my rifle.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts