New Jersey Hunters banner

What makes up your bait pile field plot?

3K views 19 replies 15 participants last post by  reeltight79 
#1 ·
#2 ·
IT'S DEAD DEER :D

#8 ·
this time of year I prefer to hunt trails coming out of timber into soybeans. Once the beans turn brown I move to acorn flats and once the acorns get consumed I will hunt green fields and winter food sources. for some reason i have better luck hunting corn after it gets cut. I use corn as a snack for the deer and to draw them into the area and put their heads down before a shot. I scatter the corn to the point where 100 lbs in a 3o yard radius around my treestand can't be seen. this keeps em milling around.

#12 ·
Hey Paul, How far was that shot?
if I am remembering correctly it was about a 21 yard shot, I actually took it's traveling partner the next morning out of the same tree and she only went about 15 yards, she wouldn't go near the feeder tubes though I think she was just looking for her buddy so I figured I'd do my part and reunite them at the butcher shop ;)

#16 ·
Molasses corn mix and whole corn out of the feeders on management hunts

#17 ·
Oh and natural runs to acorns and field edges on state and private lands that I hunt [up]

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.