New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
15,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the Pre rut and rut just around the corner I was wondering what lures everyone uses and when? I have tried everything from mock scrapes to sent tabs and have tried a wide variety of sents and sent makers.All with marginal success. What works best for you guys?

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
I have always used Tinks. I'll start using it the last week of October. I like to use a drag rag when on walk into the woods. I've had several bucks come in on a string to me using this technique. It's the best feeling in the world when a plan like that comes together.

·
Registered
15,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
luv2hunt I ve used tinks and had success also used a couple of local products (the names I cant remember). I also have used Hawbakers products that have produced. I guess I'm just looking to see if there are any new products/ techniques I'm missing out on.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Scrubby,
I've also used Code Blue, but I can't say that I have had any positive results. The tinks has worked in the past, so you know what they say, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it";)

B

·
0 Posts
I'm going back to James Valley Scents this year. If I can make it out this Saturday I will put out JVS Scrape Scent, and make a mock scrape

·
Registered
15,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Bowhunter, where can I get Hawgs?

·
Registered
15,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
flipper how do you use it? Mock scrape? sent tabs? And where can I find it?

·
Registered
15,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Bowhunter, lodi is a hike for me. maybe I'll check some local spots.

·
Registered
15,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I hunt In morris county , Mine hill and Picatinny arsenal.

B

·
0 Posts
the only places I know that carries HAWGS in NJ is LUCIANOS in LODI, SIMON PETERS up near you, and THE SPORTSMANS CENTER in ROBBINSVILLE

·
Registered
15,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks Bowhunter I'll have to check around

·
Registered
4,847 Posts
I USE A SCRAPE DRIPPER WITH ACTIVE SCRAPE AND SPECIAL GOLDEN ESTRUS TOGETHER WITH GREAT RESULTS I WILL START AFTER THE NEXT FULL MOON.....:p

·
Registered
13,448 Posts
rutnbk, I was thinking about trying a Scrape Dripper. You say you've had great results.. Bucks checking the scrape during daylight??I may put one out in early Nov. What exactly have you seen.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts