New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
3,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What kind of Safety harness do you use? I use the Hunter safety vest na di love it. I use to use a full body harness but it sucked trying to figure it out when you wanted to out it on.

·
Registered
6,056 Posts
Just bought the HSS pro. So far so good - haven't fallen yet.

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
I like the harness that came with my Summit climber. Very sturdy. I feel 100% safe wearing it. Look on their website to see what kind it is. I don't like the harness that came with my Ameristep ladder stands. Doesn't adjust very well and looks like it's poor material and construction.

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
Don't remember the name, but Ilike it. It is a full body harness.

·
Registered
10,462 Posts
I use the harness that came with my treestand...A Loggy Bayou Transformer.

I bought one of those vest type harnesses. I don't like it. It is heavier and bulkier to hump into the woods. I didn't notice when I ordered it that it is reversible with an orange inside. I think the orange is visible through the armholes. It is way easier to get in and out of though. I will probably start using now that the cooler weather is finally here. Perhaps I will cut out the orange liner. This way I can keep the vest as an outer layer and change clothing underneath. Just as long as I don't fall out of the treestand when changing my jacket

·
Registered
8,694 Posts
I have a ful body harness that came with my summit treestand. In the warmer part of the season it is on the outside of my clothes. During the colder months it goes on over the first layer under my jacket. Just pull the strap out behind your neck and your golden.

·
Registered
4,042 Posts
i have a SEAT O THE PANTS harness, works real well, and i think its the same one they give you with all summit tree stands.[up]

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Full body harnesses are the only way to go.

A few years back there was a Wall Twp. NJ cop in his mid-thirties who fell out of his tree stand and had some cheap "waist only" type adjustable harness slide up under his armpits and constrict his breathing to the point that he died from asphyxiation. [sad]

·
Super Moderator
7,895 Posts
I have the HSS vest too Dbuck..Nice and easy to put on/take off..

Guys,,dont be scared by the price tag on this vest. Not falling or being crippled or killed should be an easy choice. I have to check how many harnesses I have at home and offer them here to hunters who don't have one. I must have 4 or 5 brand new ones that came with stands.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I live in Lyndhurst and coach girls youth soccer. Last week, one of my team member's father was in a stand or working on his stand in NY State, and fell 30 feet. Medivaced to an area hospital, he has no movement from his waist down after a five hour surgery. In Kessler, he expects to walk again, in a year or more. I was never a fan of these, but now have gotten the S**T scared out of me and will be shopping for one. I read every post here more closely than any before.

·
Super Moderator
7,895 Posts
For $100 or so it's worth it.

I was always one of them who said it would never to me..We had a club member fall a few years back...Luckily it was only 12ft with alot of snow on the ground. He was bruised and shaken but ok.

B

·
0 Posts
Loggy Bayou Transformer all the way! Without the packs. No need. Very easy to use and comfortable to wear.
I saw that, and looks easy and comfy, I have to order one

1 - 18 of 18 Posts