New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
6,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My oldest brother and I always talk about where we could do a 'hunt of a lifetime'.

The one place and game animals you'd pursue.

I've been to South Africa and hunted plains game.
It was truly the hunt of a lifetime and hopefully not my last.

I have a few choices that I will always keep as goal.

1. Africa (Botswana, Tanzania, Mozambique) - Cape Buffalo / Lion, fly-camp hunt. Bring the bow & .416 nitro express. Pack the .30-06 and the .45-70 as well.

2. Alaska - Moose / Bear / Dall's Sheep hunt - bow & .45-70

3. Spain (The Pyranees) - Ibex Hunt - Pack the .270

4. American West - Pronghorn / Sheep / Mountain Goat
.270 and Bow.

5. Arctic Circle - Muskox - bow or .416

6. Canada - Sheep w/ bow and .270

·
Registered
15,970 Posts
A big bull elk and mulley hunt somewhere in the midwest..

·
Registered
889 Posts
A big bull elk and mulley hunt somewhere in the midwest..
Me too, Rutting Elk with the bow. I have a friend who owns a horse ranch in Wyoming and have been trying to put together a hunt out there for the past couple of years, one fo these days!

·
Registered
6,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Looks like a group Elk hunt could be possible.

·
Registered
4,412 Posts
:D

you're kidding, right?

i won't be choosy about the game, but it would be me, angolina jolee, a cabin with a full kitchen, bed, and bath, 342 cases of wine and various alcoholic beverages, aspirin, and food.

oh yeah, almost forgot. throw in a couple o' rifles, shotguns, ammo, and fishing poles!

:D:D:D:D

i just got back from my a Christmas lunch, so I kept it clean.....[up][sad][smirk]:D:p

·
Registered
6,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i won't be choosy about the game, but it would be me, angolina jolee, a cabin with a full kitchen, bed, and bath, 342 cases of wine and various alcoholic beverages, aspirin, and food.
Better pack some penecillin with that trip! As the Indian from Josey Wales said: "Sign of the Dirty Nose: been with one too many bucks!"

·
Registered
6,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Going on mine next August...DALL sheep in the Brooks Range,Alaska..
Awesome!

·
Registered
18,010 Posts
Lets see dream hunt Ah. Not really sure these days at my stage of the game.I guess Its Africa with my bow have always desired a big Kudu and a Sable along with these two animals follow the plains game. Back in 1991 was set up to go with the recurve in 1992 but because of a sever car accident it ended my recurve career and had to cancel. Followed by that I went through 2 wives in the past. You fill in the rest.

·
Registered
18,010 Posts
Try to remember this just because your on a paid hunt doesn't mean your coming back with the animal you seek. It could really be a great hunt and not get a shot or you could happen to miss or any number of scenarios could happen.Any guide or outfitter that tells you its guaranteed you best better beware. Its your responcibility to fully research the area and the referances both good and bad an weigh it out before you spend the hard earned dollars. I have spent 25,000.00 alone in elk hunts in my carrer and haven't gotten a shot yet. I had been with some not so good guides and a couple of the top guides in the world and its just been my luck with elk. Got very close several times but no cigar. I was disappointed in only one hunt in Alberta with the service out of 6 differant elk hunts and one hunt in Texas that was really bad. Been on close to 25 big game hunts. If I ever get to it I'll get my photos in my profile.

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
Elk with the bow. Moose with the bow. Any area that holds them is fine by me.

-dan

·
Registered
18,010 Posts
If you have the opportunity to bou hunt by all means get on it. Smome might say it's a shoot in the barrel and I would tend to agree based on what I have herd and been shown by the guide when I went in 1991. My bull missed the book by 1 1/8 inch PY I took with my 75 pd. Big Horn take down with my own wooden arrows. I didn't have the oportunity of hiting the migration when I went and hunted hard singal stalked bulls. I missed one bull at 60 yards 3 times before he ran off while he stood there and let me shoot broadside at hime.The guide said he had been guiding for three years and that was the biggest bull he had seen dead or alive in the past years he hunted with this outfitter.He told me the bull was way up in BC not PY. How do you think that made me feel. I was bumbed out and on the way back to the boat I spoted the bull I got and crawled up to 35 yards from him and arrowed him with a tooth pick. I was in with the gun boys and when we got back they couldn't beleive it and 15 years later I still hear about that one. I want to go back again some time.

1 - 20 of 76 Posts