New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
13,209 Posts
November 1 of 2004 I was on stand in Green county Illinois. The outfitter put me near a creek crossing where 4-5 runs came together. One run was 5 Feet from my stand. I was on stand about 2 hours and had just looked all around. I turned my Primos can over 2x and before I had it back in my pocket a huge buck was standing 3 yards to my right just slightly in front of me. I did not have time to count points but knew he was a shooter. When I drew my bow I realized I had to turn slightly to my right. As I turned he heard me and took 2 - 3 steps back the way he came.I was at full draw and when I let the arrow fly It went right past his shoulder. Clean miss. He walked away looking in my direction,but not spooked. The next day I killed a 11 point 141PY buck from the same stand.17 yards broadside. He fell in 35 yards.I estmate the one I missed at about 165PY.I will be back in that same stand From Oct 30 - Nov 3. Can't wait.

· Registered
13,209 Posts
The shortest time I was ever on stand was Opening day archery 2003. I hunted till 11AM and saw nothing. I went back on stand at 3PM. I climed into my stand, put my safety belt on and knocked an arrow. I looked to my right into a field and saw nothing .I looked left and a nice doe was walking by at 20 yards. I was done in about 2 minutes.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.