New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know I've seen signs on the WMA's registered vehicles only. What is the rule about ATV's. Can I used them on the WMA's if I have them registered and insured in another state? My atv's have license plates and all.

Anyone know the exact rule or where I can find it?

Dennis

·
Registered
5,834 Posts
the rule:

NO

Its somewhere in the regs, but most WMAs have signs posted near entryways with regs. including no ATVs.

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah I found the regs, no unregistered vehicles and no atv's unless authorized.

B

·
0 Posts
I hunt federal lands, and I asked the officers if I could drive my truck up thru the field, just for the bow season, of course they said no, but they don't even have the keys to unlock the chain, they keep in the office.

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If you are disabled I believe that you can get a permit to shoot from a vehicle (quad).
I'm not even looking to shoot from one, It would be nice to get to some deep wooded areas quick with the atv.

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
It would be nice to get to some deep wooded areas quick
Mountain bike.:D

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
the rule didn't say anything about go-kars
Motorized and unregistered. Think your still screwed.:D

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm just kidding, I understand the rule was just wondering since I realized the atv's have PA plates on them today.

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
How about Segwa
Now someone is thinking.

If there is snow, can we use sled dogs?

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
sorry guys bikes are out too [down]

"The use of dog sleds and dog carts, off-road vehicles, ATVs, trailbikes or snowmobiles is prohibited on all Wildlife Management Areas unless authorized by the Division. "

trailbikes are mountain bikes, I was asked to leave the logging road at bear swamp WMA yrs ago while mountain bike riding

1 - 16 of 16 Posts