New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 20 of 186 Posts

·
Registered
18,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mine had to be Dave's Sport Shop in Union. It was small but he would get anything for you. But just hanging in the shop was a trip. He'ls always have the fridge full of beer. I think he went down to West Virginia when he closed up many years ago.

B

·
0 Posts
Lucianos is Lodi for the prices, and been going there since I started palying Pee Wee football, thats go to be since 1977-78

·
Banned
8,011 Posts
Well the only near me now is the OWL's NEST. I use to goto the Phillipsburg Bait & tackel but now that place is closed. Now that I'm into Traditional bow hunting I really like 3Rivers archery.

·
Registered
23 Posts
All Season's Sports in Monroe Township. Bob, Bobby, Zach and the gang are top notch. Great archery pro shop, knowedgeable bow tuners, no problem too small or question too dumb,, and excellent taxidermists....and patient too, when some dumb [no swearing please] dry fires a bow!!!!!!
Awesome folks!

·
Registered
14,824 Posts
Shop only at places that support sportsmen. GP, next time you are in Meltzers ask them what they have done to support groups like the federation.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
The extinct Giglio's Bait and Tackle that was in Sea Bright, Scott's Bait & Tackle in Mystic Island, Cap't. Bill's Bait and Tackle in Neptune, Pt. Pleasant Fishermen's Supply, The Sportman's Shop in Neptune, The Portsmens Shop and Harry's on Rte. 130 -Bordentown, Fishermen's Headquarters in LBI, Gander Mountain (used to be mail order - still better than Cabela's), Crabby's in Keyport....Shannon's Fly & Tackle shop in Califon....All good guys, depending on what you're looking for and who you're dealing with...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Sig Bordstad Archery, has some of the best stock of quality archery gear. Can do anything with a bow, including shoot a huge red deer out of his wheelchair.

Good Guy Too.

·
Super Moderator
8,616 Posts
Fred's Bait and tackle on 35 in Sayreville and The Tackle Box on 36 in Hazlet for fishing equipment and bait, Targeteers for archery equip in North Jersey, Sportsmen's rendezvous on 31 in Flemington for Archery equip in Hunterdon, Strictly Archery in Washington Township for technical info and precision bow setup.

·
Registered
975 Posts
Paterson Rod & Gun Store, first in Paterson, on West Broadway, then in Hawthorne, on Goffle Road, now aka BATES Paterson Rod & Gun in Haledon. Been dealing with Lou Salvato since I was 12, used to take the #22 bus in Hawthorne down to Paterson(25 cents) to buy pellets for my pellet gun, It's been many guns, boxes of shells, ammunition, etc. since then. Dave, Proprieter of Bates is a good guy also. Now I'm in central Jersey, haven't found anything close by yet.
Garry

1 - 20 of 186 Posts