New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 25 ton MTD (yardmaster) pump and control valve went.This is what was told to me by the Agway guy.It is a 2005 with less than 20 hours on it.Not happy with the MTD.What is a good 22-27 ton unit to buy?
I am selling this one if someone wants to buy it to try to fix it up if you are handy.It looks brand new when you look at it.Motor looks and works like a new motor.Make me an offer...Located in the Wayne area of NJ.

·
Registered
9,817 Posts
Don't buy a hydraulic splitter. Antiquated technology.
Give a serious look into "super split" log splitters.
You will not be disappointed.

·
Registered
3,988 Posts
I bought a 27 troybilt splitter 6 years ago. Still looks brand new and I split 5 cords a year. Friend has same make and model and his is 10. I love mine. No problems with it yet. Bought at lowes.

·
Premium Member
14,409 Posts
Don't buy a hydraulic splitter. Antiquated technology.
Hey Antnee I see D+R equipment is making a flywheel splitter now to, how do the two compare IYO?

·
Registered
9,817 Posts
I was thinking the same thing, but the fact that DR is manufacturing them is reassuring. Im sure the unit is quality, DR stands behind their product.

·
Registered
3,892 Posts
only problem with those fly wheel style splitters is if you get evey logs your not going to pick them up on the table .

·
Registered
9,817 Posts
yea you'll need a hand with those heavy ones but it'll definitely take care of it once its up there.
the beauty is that my super split is 4.5 hp and sips gas. it'll run all day.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Super split works great.Tractor supply has there own brand out now too.I also have a timberwolf tw-5 it is a beast but it sucks up the gas and cost ove 5 grand.We hardly use it since we got the super split.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
NorthernHunter I have the Same Exact 27 Ton Troy Bilt as You i Bought from Lowes about 4 or 5 years ago and Mine is Still Running Like Brand new but Mine has a 5.5 Honda What Does Your Have on it?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts