New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1) It's 6 days FOR DEER...Give us a seperate season for Bear!!
2) Hundreds of guys that have never been on North Jersey State Land or Public Land show up having never set foot in those woods before. (so much for my state land deer spots)Give us a seperate bear season!
3) See 1 and 2 above.

·
Registered
7,176 Posts
I feel your pain. In the 1st hunt, I was positioned in my deer stand on State land overlooking buck swamp-a spot thats always good for a buck during 6-day. Just after sun up, some guy comes trudging up with his shotgun slung over his shoulder, in coveralls that were two sizes two big carrying a sandwich in one hand and a 7-11 giant cup of coffee in the other.... "hey-you seen any?" Just you A'Hole[wallmad]

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
In Virginia you can hunt bear while you bow hunt for deer during the fall.Something NJ needs!!

·
Registered
5,050 Posts
1) It's 6 days FOR DEER...Give us a seperate season for Bear!!
2) Hundreds of guys that have never been on North Jersey State Land or Public Land show up having never set foot in those woods before. (so much for my state land deer spots)Give us a seperate bear season!
3) See 1 and 2 above.
Once upon a time, the same argument could be made from the years 1958 to 1970. Only then there were MORE hunters and FEW bears!

·
Registered
8,028 Posts
Probably will catch crap for this but here goes.:eek:
I like the idea of alot of guys pushing the bears![up]
I do understand your frustration because I would hunt differently for bear and deer and they make you choose which you go after (you pick a spot based on animal activity)It is noce you could shoot either or I just have different spots for bear than deer. I decided to consentrate on bear , deer will be late muzzle loader season. Do not get me wrong if I see a nice buck bang![rofl]

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
NY bear and deer seasons run at same time and its never a problem
True, but the NY gun season is 6 weeks long 3 weeks north zone and 3 weeks south? And almost the entire state is open, a lot bigger area than the 3 bear zones in NJ.

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Wish I had some people in the woods during muzzy,sat state forest for two days never heard a shot never saw a person

·
Registered
433 Posts
2 cents, A couple hundred of us plan for this, we scout, find stand site, some bait (and don't get caught in a tree within 300 ft of the pile). The other several thousand just showup, then walk into people.

·
Banned
8,451 Posts
THE SAME WILL FOLLOW SUIT TO THE FACT I HATE PA AND NORTH JERSEY GUYS INVADING MY LOVELY LBI TO TRY TO LEARN TO CATCH A COWBASS AND ALL THEY DO IS THROW THEIR TRASH ALLOVER THE PLACE AND CAUSE TRAFFIC JAMS BUT HEY ITS NEW JERSEY GET USED TO IT

·
Banned
8,451 Posts
i have inlaws up in the stanhope area.ive been scouting all late summer and fall for bear and deer.i spent alot of gas and contributed significantly to sussex countys economy thru gas and food and yes i do not litter.

·
Registered
21,476 Posts
smoking gun,, why are you always typing in capital letters, are yelling or is you cap lock key broke [confused]

A separate Bear Season in mid to late November prier to 6 day buck season would be ideal.
A yearly Bear Season of; 3 day bow hunt, fallowed by a 6 day gun hunt would be awesome [up]

·
Registered
888 Posts
Well that's exactly what I love about it. Each person out hunting bear instead of deer gives one or two deer another year to grow. In turn the rest of us will get to hunt bigger deer since its like pullin teeth to get some people to pass young ones.

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I dont mind hunters in the woods, they keep the deer moving, but there's a limit, there are spots I hunt in Wayway that I have rarely seen another hunter, even on Monday of 6 day, add the bear hunt and last year there were guys every 10o yards. Plus I dont like walking in at dark, it's one thing when you need to see horns, and in zone 3 at least 3 points, it's another when you have wanna be bear hunters who maybe have never seen a bear. I couldnt put enough orange on.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts