New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's the most expensive or important item you've lost in the woods? Or perhaps it was something that couldn't be replaced, like your dad's knife he left to you that couldn't be replaced. Our oldest son and I, on our very first day hunting in our lives last year, he left his release in the woods. Went back the next day but couldn't find it. Not very expensive but something you don't want to keep replacing. Let's hear what you've left behind.

G

·
LOST IN THE WOODS: Sounds Like my friend Brownstones, there was a time he would get turned around alot, and I would have to go find him

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Three years ago shot two does, called my buddy on the radio and then set it down to start gutting the deer, left the radio and didn't remember that I left it. Went back the next day and it was gone.

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
I missed a shot at a 6 pt this bow season because I lost, of all things my cable guide and didn't notice until I drew back. Had to leave the woods, get another and get back in for the rest of the day. Don't you think, I look down from my treestand the following week and there it is on the ground. Pretty dumb huh.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
I lost 3 knives(left at gut piles, 2 pr binos and left my tree stake for my umbrella.And a i million candle light lamp. That is all I can think of for now.

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
A Motorola 2-way that I went back and actually found the next day even though I lost it on the way in, no where near my stand. 2 Carbon Express 300 arrows that popped out of my backpack quiver. And I've had some stands stolen in previous years if that counts. I'd MUCH rather lose something than have it stolen!!!!!

·
Registered
18,010 Posts
The more time you spend in the bush the more time one has to lose things. My worst loss was a new pair of steiner predators 6 years ago when I shot a big nine that just missed PY by 1 1/8. Plenty of knifes lost too. Many relationships as well they can get jealous of you.

·
Registered
6,136 Posts
2 knives and a walkie talkie...i realized i lost the walkie talkie so i retraced my steps and kept pressing the call button on the one i still had..i eventually found the other walkie talkie by following the sound..

·
Registered
7,283 Posts
A fairly expensive flashlight, shells have fallen out, a hat. That's about it. Not bad for hunting the last 39 years.:D

1 - 20 of 93 Posts