New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what are some decent duck and goose call would you guys recommend , just starting to learn so and there seems to be a ton of different types .John

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
Double reed is definately the way to start. If you want ultimate easy, go buy a single reed wood duck call. Pretty much like blowing a whistle.

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
i Had a powerclucker, Honky tonk, Devastator, and a lot of others. The only 2 Goose calls on my lanyard is the Power clucker and Field Proven Matrix. As for Duck Calls i have a Field Proven Single Shot, Banded Cap'n and LynchMob Strangle hold.

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
For goose I like a Grounds. I started with the poly super mag and worked my way up. For ducks I go with RNT. The Daisy Cutter is easily one of the best duck calls on the market. Like mentioned before, go to a store and see which one fits you best. You can have the most expensive calls on the market but if you don't know how to use it, its worthless

·
Registered
106 Posts
Haven't tried any of their other calls but I bought a Duck Commander Triple Threat call a few years ago and I had to shave down the reeds to get it to sound anything like a duck. I wouldn't waste my time or money on any of their products again

1 - 11 of 11 Posts