New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
18,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i've been buying a little more butchering items each season. to expensive to let a butcher do it nowadays. makes for a good afternoon of beers and butchering.

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
I believe it won't hold up long. Meat processing equipment is not cheap. If you learn how to debone all the meat, you don't need any saws.
I don't make anything like jerky or sausage, I leave that to the "pro's".
My processing is steaks, stew, roasts and hamburger, the latter, I will take the deboned meat to a butcher just before closing, so he doesn't have to do a special cleaning to his grinder, so that keeps the costs down.
Skinning, quartering, deboning, and wrapping are a time consuming prosess, but noone will put "the love" into your meat, that you will. It's all worth it, when your chomping on a juicy piece of venison.

·
Registered
18,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i do debone. that is easy. it's just a new toy. you don't have to be a pro to make jerky and sausage. i've only butchered mine own for 2 years now. i love it. not hard just time consuming.

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
looks like a grinder attached to a band saw, try home depot they have a good sale on some band saws lately!! ;)

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
I know a guy that has one and he isn't too happy with it, he says "it's just a china made piece of crap, it worked fine the first time and now stuff is falling apart on it and there's nowhere to get parts".

·
Registered
18,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks...just saw it and was wondering about it. i don't even need it.

thanks again.

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
Is a piece of JUNK my friend bought it and the band keeps coming off. The grinder is a piece of junk. As you are cutting the pieces of scrap keep jamming the band. I'm not sure but I do believe is made outside of the USA. I don't want to say China because I don't remember, but I will go over there manana and check it out. Save your money.

·
Registered
7,954 Posts
In my opinion, the only items needed to completely butcher are deer are:

A few sharp knives
Knife Steel (for touch ups)
Large cutting board
Small hand saw (I use a cheap mitre saw from Home Depot)
Gambrel (to hold deer up while skinning and quartering)
Several large bowls
Meat Grinder
Vacuum Sealer (not necessary but I like using one)

Lots of time...

Thats it.
David

1 - 13 of 13 Posts