New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
4,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've told you guys/gals about our club on occasion.

this does not say a lot for SOME of our nieghbors. Our club is on the intersection of rte 565 and roy road in wantage.

3 points of interest.

last year one of our nieghbors asked if he could ride his atv through our property to access a club (that he does not belong to![confused]) and we flatly told him NO!. in fact our member that told him no, is an ex-hunter education instructor and is a lt. detective in a morris county pd![mad] this atv rider has made it a point to ravage our property when we aren't there. he has left a trail through our property, especially coming from his yard, that looks like penn station!

maybe the same guy? i don't know! i left a ladder stand up, not far from this scum bag's house, that has been used this past bow season! this scum cut down a shooting lane and left his "bow hauling rope" tied to my stand with 2 corn cobs (kernel-less, the toothless bastard probably needed a snack[mad][mad]) dangling at the end.

the local "warden" is a guy named Roger Nestle that we have complained to in the past. might as well pray to win the lottery. any complaints result in our club members getting harassed. the funny thing is, that ROGER KNOWS THESE GUYS BY NAME and basically says, "what can I do?".

Thanks Roger!

More info furnished on request............

[mad][mad][mad][mad][mad][mad][mad][mad][mad][mad][mad]

·
Registered
5,232 Posts
It sounds personal,,,

·
Registered
5,435 Posts
LOL I know exactly where you hunt.

Good old Roger. I have guys that slaughter my pet deer on my property every year. they even parked a Suburban right on my lawn the 1st year I lived here.
Roger said....what can I do?......At that point I took matters in my own hands. I hooked a chain to it and dragged it into the middle of the road and then called the state Police. then I went in and told the scummer tyhat he had better get his fat [no swearing please] off my land and take his piece of crap truck with him. He came out just in time to see the State Police running his plates. I walked over and said"officer not only is he blocking the road but he is tresspassing on my land. Needless to say they never hunt on my land anymore.

·
Registered
15,970 Posts
Wow Dave That guy was an absolute ballsy asshat. Have you had any problems since with tresspassers?

·
Registered
5,435 Posts
Nope:p

They do hunt right on the property line though.
They would ambush the deer coming out of my back yard and cross over to the land I own across the street. That is well within 450 feet of my house and I have 2 little boys so I don't want them blasting away so close. They have not parked on my lawn since that 1st year but they do hunt right on the property line in full view of me. What can I say some people are A$$#01e5

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
SXS--I feel for you!! We are across the road and barely hanging on at times due to illegal ATV riders and tresspassers. Went up there on Thurs night and found a hang on about 15 yards off the property line. Not sure where these guys gain access but I am sure it's M-F hunting as we generally have guys there on the weekends.

I hope you catch the guys and F Roger the warden as he is probably one of them!

·
Registered
10,462 Posts
I made a post a few minutes ago on this thread and it disapeared. Am I losing it or perhaps it was deleted for advocating violence. Let's see if this flies

NOPE IT DIDNT FLY!
;)

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
230grain,

It was deleted for advocating violence.

·
Registered
6,136 Posts
those jerks! i hate it when people get away with stuff just because they have connections...[down][mad]

·
Registered
546 Posts
You're telling me Roger doesn't have a superior to answer to? I'm sure there is someone else you can call to tell them the game warden in your area isn't doing his duties and when you do file a complaint with him your club then gets harrassed.
There has to be someone else to go to.

·
Registered
39 Posts
A bed of fresh broken bottles works great on ATV tires that is how we stopped them. And best of all they can't prove you did it.

"THOSE DAM KIDS BACK HERE DRINKING AGAIN MUST HAVE DONE IT OFFICER" HA HA HA :eek::p

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
Frank, You can sign complaints against him or have the LT. do it. I've met him, I don't think he would have a problem doing. Coming from him it may be easier for a conviction.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
i might have to take the law into my own hands in a situation like this one. i hope it never happens to me bc someone is going to get hurt and i might just be sitting behind bars....

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
Roger is known as the CO who would rather make friends with an outlaw than right him a ticket.As soon as he retires and a new CO gets that area the guys gonna have a field day writing tickets.

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
Funny thing is, he stopped me last year while I was going turkey hunting up in Montague. He just wanted to check my license and permit. I was more than nice, and he had a really bad attitude with me. What the heck?

Maybe if I was breaking a law he would've been nicer to me?

[confused]

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
Matty,I know a guy who shot a turkey in Wantage and clipped the license on the bird with no intentions of filling it out.Roger stopped him on the way out and the dude told him he forgot his pen so Roger gave him a pen to fill it out and never gave him a summons.No big deal except for the fact he was there investigating the guy for doing just that.[confused]

B

·
0 Posts
here is my advice: never ever call the local CO, they are buddies with them, they all hang out together. Call the state police everytime. Im not sure who stopped me and brownstones last year during the late muzzleloader season, but he pulles up I already had my orange vest off and stuffed in my backpack, he asked to see it, I said ok I also have my off duty in this bag, he was like what dept. I told him, and he like we are in the same union (local) I said yes I know Im a also a union rep, well after I felt like I could do no wrong, he was asking a questions about contracts, etc. when I hunt I don't care about my job, I tend to forget that part of my life

1 - 20 of 25 Posts