New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what huntable county in the state of new jersey do you think is the hardest to hunt.? when i mean hard i mean not putting up a bait pile, but to hunt the land naturally without drives..

with this in mind which would you consider the easiest?

·
Banned
347 Posts
UNION COUNTY. No discharge of weapons, no public land to hunt. But the county gov't pays a company $300 dollars for each deer they cull off of our reservation. Go figure [confusedagain] Only exception I've heard of is a permit cull of does in Cranford.

·
Registered
4,420 Posts
bergen and passaic county, 90% of all towns have no discharge, check the deer/bear harvest records..barely any in bergen or passaic counties

·
Registered
15,556 Posts
I saw a giant buck hit by a car a few years ago not far from jersey city hoboken area. Every county has good deer in it. What makes one county harder to hunt than another is public land access, hunting pressure, and landowners willingness to allow hunting.

·
Registered
5,607 Posts
hardest to hunt with out bait,food plots or drives would be any county that has the pines. Gloucester,Camden, burlington ocean and Atlantic pine barrens

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Zone3, lots of land! You shoot a nice buck up on Hamburg Mountain and I would say you have done a great job! Not easy hunting up there, I'm sure guys that hunt there would agree.

·
Registered
9,817 Posts
Good question, I'd say all of them. New jersey as a whole.
To the north you have expanses of wilderness and public land, that if you are not familiar with is very hard to fill a tag

To the south you have expanses of wilderness and public land, that if you are not familiar with, is very hard to fill a tag

In between you have hundreds of thousands of acres of WMA's. On these Wma's you have clubs that drive them out who think they own the place. Then you have the guys sitting in a tree stand that they hung in the early season that they think they own the place.

Scattered thougout are beautiful pastoral farms, far removed from the typical urban sprawl that is synonymous with New Jersey. These farms are usually leased clubs, hunted by family or owned by antis.

5 % of private will allow you to hunt with a knock and smile and some help around the place.

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
Cape May County

·
Registered
8,512 Posts
Southern ocean county.

·
Registered
3,425 Posts
I am going to say burlington county and ocean county in the pines without