New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of us not buying a new bow this year, what changes/upgrades, if any, are making to your bow in anticipation of the upcoming bow season?

I have 3:

1) I'm going to remove my peep sight.
2) I might switch from a whisker bisquit to a drop-away rest. I am 90% happy with the WB. It's just that I don't like what it does to my fletching.
3) I need a different release. Mine is fine in the early season, but once I have thicker gloves on, I can hardly buckle the wrist strap, and the trigger is a little too far back. Anybody have a big release they'd be willing to sell to a really nice guy with not much money to spend?

So, what are you doing? You only have 2 months left!!![up][up][up]

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
I am shooting a new bow. I upgraded to a Bowtech 101st Airborne. Abandoned my aluminum arrows and started shooting carbons.

·
Registered
11,803 Posts
I put on a new sight last week, but haven't sighted it in yet. When I went to do so, I couldn't find the right size allen wrench. I know I put it somewhere where I wouldn't loose it, but now I don't know where I put it [wallmad]

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
3) I need a different release. Mine is fine in the early season, but once I have thicker gloves on, I can hardly buckle the wrist strap, and the trigger is a little too far back. Anybody have a big release they'd be willing to sell to a really nice guy with not much money to spend?
the make glove where the relese get put under but there is a slot for the relese to come out of, the top of the index also comes back, its magnetic

·
Registered
14,787 Posts
I am still trying to make the operator shoot straight![hihi][hihi] Did put on new drop away QAD rests on the bows[up]

Shoot Straight!

·
Registered
5,833 Posts
No changes to the bow. but some arrow experiments. I want to try some Wensel Woodsmans, and the 2 blade Magnus broadheads, just to see what happens. That could come in handy if I get a chance at something bigger than deer.

I've also pretty much switched to Blazers this year, although I still have some arrows with 4 inch vanes on 'em.

AFTER this year it'll probably be time for a string and cable refit, though the Bowtech factory issue items are pretty good.

·
Registered
545 Posts
I am putting a new string and a drop away rest...possibly looking into carbon arrows. Anyone care to recomend a good string to use?? still shooting the original string that came on the bow when i bought it 9 years ago[confusedagain]

·
Registered
6,754 Posts
I'll probably take the longbow out a few times this year, just for kicks.

So, changes include . . .

eliminating sights, rest, cams, release, cables, . . . . [hihi]

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Got a new string, cables, silencers and arrows. Going to pick up the Black Ice tomorrow afternoon and can't wait to shoot it!

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
I removed my kisser button a couple months ago and bought a new Mathews bow case for my DXT. Everything else on the bow is perfect just need to keep shooting and put a big buck in front of it this fall.

·
Registered
7,795 Posts
Replaced a worn our biscuit, walk back tuned it, minor sight adjustments, all ready to go.[up]

I need a different release. Mine is fine in the early season, but once I have thicker gloves on, I can hardly buckle the wrist strap, and the trigger is a little too far back.
I only wear Cabelas camo skins gloves even in extreme cold but keep my hands in a hot pocket muff. Only take them out to use bino's, grunt calls or lucky enough to draw the bow;) I hate wearing large gloves.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts