New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend stopped by to show me a "hog" Tom he shot today. Of course the conversation went to calls. Thought it would be interesting to see what's in your turkey vest. Here's what I carry & some days I use them all LOL

·
Registered
986 Posts
if i was not so tired i would rip open the vest and take some shots but not today.

My pack consists of

Slate over glass X 3 two of them being yours bob
medina double beard slate glass
small empire custom box call
lynch box
a few mouth calls
6 to 8 strikers of various woods and laminates
penn wood cutt n cluck
beard buster tactical belt and inner tube seat
sandpaper,conditioning stone,chaulk

Thats about it for me LOL but i do have a bag of a zillon calls and things none of which i use.

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
A Primos "freak", a Primos power crystal, 2 strikers, 8 diaphram calls, crow call and peacock/woodpecker call. I also carry a gobble call and a mini compressed air horn. I use that for when I get really frustrated and need a gobble, or in the dark to get gobbles from far away...[hihi]..I still havent gotten it to work, but I do not use it very much.

·
Registered
3,711 Posts
1 slate call
1 box call
1 push pin
About 9-10 different mouth calls

Oh yeah and 1 crow call and 1 owl call. I typically only carry them when scouting and roosting though.

Like any turkey hunter, this list is constantly growing.:)

·
Registered
3,711 Posts
a mini compressed air horn
[rofl] Probably not a bad idea though. I was out a couple weeks ago in the evening trying to shock gobble some birds from the roost and nothing I used would get them to gobble. Suddenly I heard some fireworks go off about 1/4 mile away and wouldn't you know, GOBBLE, GOBBLE, GOBBLE.

·
Registered
6,576 Posts
1 Primos Glass
1 HS Glass
1 HS Mouth Reed
3 Primos Mouth Reeds
1 Primos Box
1 HS Owl "hoot"
1 HS Crow Call

and a cell phone so I can phone in someone who knows how to use all of the calls listed above....

·
Super Moderator
12,370 Posts
and a cell phone so I can phone in someone who knows how to use all of the calls listed above....
[rofl] i hear ya there lol

·
Registered
4,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hunter, the scratch box it a deal closer some days but you know that if you use one [up]

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
tough call to get use to. but if i can kill a bird with my fathers homemade wing bone call there isnt much else ? this was the worst year for me. but all in all it was fun. i came in contack with 4 big toms but couldnt close the deal. oh well. im already seeing big horn on my propertys and i just picked up another piece that is private in pittstown. so time to get in the deer mode again.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts