New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
694 Posts
My recurve that I got when I started traditional archery the end of November. Got the quiver in today that I ordered December 30th. Long wait but what a beautiful piece of equipment!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: longbow and alecsZ7

·
Registered
9,714 Posts
Jennings , browning , ridgid and bear all had more than a few models out .
by 75 their were full line ups and the real change started .

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
I wouldn't say a ton, but there were a few companies testing the waters. I took my bow test in '71 and everyone in the class was shooting recurves. One of the most popular compounds of that era ('74-'75) was the bear whitetail, a 4 wheel setup that seemed like everyone owned one. I bought a Polar LTD in the fall of '76 that had 6 wheels on it just to see what the hype was all about. I stuck to the recurves eventually going to longbows, I have whittled the collection down quite a bit over the last few years. Started to dabble in crossbows because of the optics help with that last half hour of light. After you hit the north side of 60 picking a spot or seeing those itty bitty pins start to get tough.

·
Super Moderator
9,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I wouldn't say a ton, but there were a few companies testing the waters. I took my bow test in '71 and everyone in the class was shooting recurves. One of the most popular compounds of that era ('74-'75) was the bear whitetail, a 4 wheel setup that seemed like everyone owned one. I bought a Polar LTD in the fall of '76 that had 6 wheels on it just to see what the hype was all about. I stuck to the recurves eventually going to longbows, I have whittled the collection down quite a bit over the last few years. Started to dabble in crossbows because of the optics help with that last half hour of light. After you hit the north side of 60 picking a spot or seeing those itty bitty pins start to get tough.
Do what you have to, to stay in the game. What are you shooting this year?

·
Registered
9,714 Posts
bear had whitetail , black tail , kodiak special , Tamerlane , Alaskan, polar out .
jennings had model t , super t , t star , shooting star and arrow star .
PSE first bow was a carrol recurve converted to a compound around 75
mid 70’s it really exploded , but many of those bows hung around for a long time .

Reactions: alecsZ7

·
Registered
694 Posts
Beautiful. Excited to see how you make out this season!
I was super fortunate and was able to get a doe the next to last week of winter bow. Can’t wait for September ! Good luck this year!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: longbow and alecsZ7

·
Super Moderator
9,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I agree all longbows and recurves at my hunter education test also.

·
Super Moderator
8,182 Posts
Mathews no cam when hunting state land. I hunt a farm where it is remove as many deer as possible I use a Tenpoint Siege and a Garmin X zero.
The farmi s tight and tough to hide in a tree ( not many around) So i sit on the ground and I do not feel comfortable trying to draw on them. Tight shots nothing more than 30 yards but I just hunker down behind a log

1 - 19 of 19 Posts