New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was going to hunt just like all of you guys. So this moring I got my tires on my truck rotated & balanced, got a hair cut ( shaved ) and just did some food shopping, I guess I will watch TV all day, college football

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
BHC, you actually pay someone to shave your head?[confused]

She better be hot with big hooters and rub them all over my face if Im gonna pay someone to shave my head.

Just trim it close with a set of clippers or beard trimmer, then soap it up or use shave gel and mach3 your melon! My brother does it everyday.

I got so sick of paying $25 for haircuts every two weeks, I learned to do it myself. Been cutting my own hair for a few years now. Its easy. [up]

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My haircuts are written off come tax time, its good to be a cop.....and I have the sides shaved, keep alittle on top #0 high and tight

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
Thats similar to the haircuts I give myself.

I usually go with something like a high and tight with either a #0 or #1 on the sides, and a #4 on top. I like to fade it more though.

My brother just has the cue-ball look going right now.:D Im not sure what he'll do when he gets out of the academy in December though. Probably go back to his USMC high and tights.

I like to keep my hair short because hair holds scent. Not that anyone wants to know this, but trimming your body hair is a good way to get rid of scent trapping hair as well. I think it helps you stay scent free longer.[cool][up] Of course being scent free is a major step towards success in deer hunting with a bow.[up]

Oh and lucky you.....writing off hair cuts.:p I wish I could do that. I used to go to this one girl who was smoking hot. She'd lean your head onto those nice big pillows every once in a while. It was ALMOST worth the money!:D But that money now goes towards hunting stuff. SO it all works out! LOL:D

·
Registered
10,462 Posts
I know the feeling. I ordered a LimbSaver recoil pad and shooting sticks from Cabela's and ordered three BuckBombs from Sportsman Guide. If it keeps raining and I keep looking at catalogs I will be broke soon.

Just wrapped my target frame with Saran wrap. Will go to Cherry Ridge as soon as I check the range schedule.

Anyone else here belong to Cherry Ridge? Way better than the state ranges. There are exceptional and enforced safety rules; shooting is at 50yds,100yds,200yds&300yds; there is a pistol range where you can also shoot a muzzle loading rifle at ranges less that 50YDS; a clay bird range with patterning board; also a .22 rimfire range I have never used. They also have a crappy archery range. My archery club Green Mountain Bowmen offered to maintain the archery range there for discounted membership for Green Mountain members. Cherry Ridge declined so we bulit the range at Rockaway RiverWMA instead.

One of the best things at Cherry Ridge is that you feel safe there. You don't have to worry about some jamoke poping off a round while you are downrange or stealing your weapon when you are down range. For $125 a year this alone is worth the price.

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
I cut my own also. No tip all over. Like the cue ball look. It helps with the receding hair line.

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
I cut my own also. No tip all over. Like the cue ball look. It helps with the receding hair line.
I thought the fairway was looking a little thin!:p:D

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
I welcome the day I go bald.

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Not that anyone wants to know this, but trimming your body hair is a good way to get rid of scent trapping hair as well.
I used to believe the scent free idea as well until I met my friends uncle who has major deer mounts credited to his name, I watched him go out in jeans and a purple hoodie, smoking a cigar and come back with a buck i'd only dream about. Explain the scent free / camo must look like a bunch of leaves theory to me on that one.

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
Staying scent free and wearing camo are just aids in killing deer.

If you play the wind properly and use cover, you can kill big deer in a loin cloth.

Heck, Ive killed deer while smelling like a bag of used gym socks and wearing camo pants and a green t-shirt.

I never said it was the ONLY way, but ask any serious bowhunter that consistently takes big bucks, and they will tell you being scent free is one of the keys to success.

Winds swirl, and deer dont always come in where you expect them too. Staying scent free is just another precaution to help us be successful.

Where some of you hunt, it doesnt make a differece, too much human odor around for the deer to know the difference. But in some of the big woods I hunt, and others hunt, deer can smell you a mile away, and DONT put up with human intrusion. They are gone like yesterday!

Do what you like though, if smelling like an ash-tray and wearing a neon jogging suit is your thing. Go for it. More monster bucks for the rest of us.;)

By the way, was the purple hoodie buck shot with a gun or a bow. Because I could probably shoot deer while wearing a blinking neon sign during gun season. So many people pushing deer around its a joke.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I was there a few times with my cousin, the guy that was there was rude very rude....But I have to say its a really nice range

·
Registered
10,462 Posts
BHC
Your right some of the Cherry Ridge range officers are a$#holes. The younger guy is pretty good he is the main guy also. The tall guy is ok. The fat woman is a doesn't know what she is doing. There is an old guy that is the worst a&%hole I ever met. If I wasn't a law abiding citizen and him being about 70 I would have given him a beat down last summer. He caught me on a minor infraction on the 300yd range and yelled at me like a drill sargent. Then watched me with binoculars as I shot on the 200yd range.

All that being said it is the safest place I ever shot.

By the way I know they wave the guest fee for military personel they might also do it for law enforcement. If you want to shoot there as a guest sometime let me know.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
230: yeah it was an old man, it was a long time ago I was 16 or 17. One day I might take you up on your offer, thank you

·
Registered
13,448 Posts
I went to Ramsey outdoors and bought a cheap set of rain gear for the Striper trip tomorrow.Bought a few other things also.$125
At 4 I'm taking my wife and kids to Outback Steakhouse.
I spend more when i'm home than when I'm hunting.
This rain sux.

·
Registered
5,435 Posts
Cherry Ridge Gun Range Member #33 Since 1985
ANJRPC. Yes the range officers can be Rude sometimes.

They don't F with me since I am very friendly with the ANJRPC President. As with anything it isn't what you know but WHO you know.:p

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
Now I can watch college football. Go RUTGERS.

·
Registered
10,462 Posts
Posted: 22 Oct 2005 12:24 PM

Currently Online Posts: 1872
230: yeah it was an old man, it was a long time ago I was 16 or 17. One day I might take you up on your offer, thank you
Sometimes they have police combat matches...These guys shoot a handgun at least as accurate as I shoot a bow..out to 50yds yet. Most of them use a .38 special with a 6" heavy barrel. They are so good I would be embarrassed to shoot my .45 with them.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
those guys are good....I thought I was good with the GLOCK until I saw these guys on the range. I never have a problem during our qualifying day, I get great groups, and always get 50 out 50, but those guys are great, and quick

1 - 20 of 23 Posts