New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the last couple weeks- I have run into more lazy hunting then I have ever seen. NJ - the crowds, the antis, and I’m sure other factors contribute. When I drive 45minutes - to an hour to hunt somewhere and there is somewhere already there, I can move on. That’s the deal with state land.. Well. When I roll up- and the dude is 50 yards from the trucks- standing between 2 trees- talking on his cell phone- I start to think. Sure, he may be legal- but Part of me says- why drive somewhere else, especially when I have been out there putting time in.. If I planned on hunting 50’yds from a lot, I assume I’ll get company...

I go out of my way - to be cool to
Other hunters- and occasionally other guys are cool too- generally they curse and carry on then burn out...

TWICE- this month I had guys calling or whistling to my dogs that were running. I am never far from my dogs- I also was a 2 time cross country state champ- I dare them... I am also recovering from ptsd - I unfortunately almost got hit myself and was feet from my dog getting hit... Trying to whistle to another mans dogs - will get you hurt or in trouble.... I saw the first guy- as soon as I let him know I was there- I saw him running for his truck...

Be aware guys.. 2 of them this month- both in western Salem county. If they were cool- they wouldn’t run....

This is sort of- why- all of my previous hunting with dogs was done out of state- I know there are dogmen here- but it is a dying deal in the garden state...

I feel like I could write a book
On how the urban areas of America- are going to change everything - on the other 90% of the country... Sorry to rant...

1 - 1 of 1 Posts