New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just moved to West Orange from Maplewood. Earlier in the week I submitted my NJFID change of address paperwork to the WOPD. Fine, I can deal with BS bureaucracy...I'm born and raised in NJ, so I'm used to it. What pisses me off is this. In JANUARY I applied for some Handgun Purchase Permits in Maplewood, where I lived at the time. They STILL have not been returned (supposedly "sitting on the Chief's desk"). But now that I'm no longer a Maplewood resident, those permits are invalid (correct me if I'm wrong). So now I have to start the process all over again. [wallmad][wallmad][wallmad].

I'm wondering if anyone has dealt with the West Orange Police when it comes to this sort of thing. Hopefully, they're better than Maplewood was.

·
Registered
14,824 Posts
When yu did your change of address you should have applied for your handgun permits. You are correct, the Maplewood permits are worthless now.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I should have...you're right. But I didn't have the paperwork, and was waiting for a return phone call from the Maplewood detective. I just don't understand the logic behind these draconian NJ laws. I moved 5 miles, and suddenly I'm a complete unknown entity? This is such bs.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I postponed it as much as possible. I believed the PD when they told me "any day now" many, many times. [wallmad]

That headslam is for me being foolish enough to believe them.

I'll keep you updated on the permit process

1 - 5 of 5 Posts