New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
2,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
fished the raritan bay and the ocean today. fishing was real good. there was a bad accident above us air plane and chopper. I think everyone did not make it in the chopper. terriable day....It all happend over the hudson. crazy

·
Registered
6,592 Posts
We were on the bingo today and didnt notice any commotion going up the river. BTW these rods are still up for grabs. The other guy is having a hard time getting here to get them so first one that picks them up takes em.

·
Banned
2,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yea. I was between the rocks and the nude beach. it was right in front of me. I looked up and it looked like a rocket falling down, just black smoke going straight down. we were so far away there wouldnt have been anything we could have done to help. there was the beach between us and the hudson. really sux for those who passed and the famlies...

·
Banned
2,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yea it was visiable from where we were. it was a very clear day with no cloud cover. we could see clear past the empire state building from the rocks and thats a ways away....

·
Registered
4,197 Posts
the plane and helo were below 1100 feet....you saw that from the raritan? that was over 10 miles from the vz
I was thinking the same thing. This happened up river a bit between Hoboken and NYC on the NJ side of the river.

I believe the plane was headed for Ocean City. The helo was sight seeing.

·
Registered
4,197 Posts
The helicpoter was going to Ocean City NJ, It came from the Teterboro Airport
Nope I was right the plane was headed to Ocean City. The helo was one of the typical sight seeing copters you see cruising above the Husdon.

Read below got it from clicking on news from the Google homepage.

The plane, bound for Ocean City, N.J., and carrying a pilot and two passengers, including a child, may have slammed into the back of the helicopter, which had five Italian tourists and a pilot aboard, Mayor Michael Bloomberg said at a news conference.

A pilot for Liberty Helicopter Sightseeing Tours, which owns the helicopter involved in the crash, saw the plane approaching the helicopter in the air and tried to alert the pilots via radio, New York City Police Commissioner Ray Kelly said. The warning wasn’t heard or didn’t happen in time, he said.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.