New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Me, my brother, nephew (NJhunter24), and friend went out this morning. It was way too sunny, calm, and warm, but I managed a drake mallard and buffie. We missed a few others that should have added to the bag. All in all, a pretty good morning with family and friends.

·
Registered
642 Posts
It was way too sunny, calm, and warm,
Theres an understatement:D I took a walk around the harbor with the kids, man there wasn't a riple on the water, so I'm glad ya scored a few birds[up]
I was on the end of a pier, and a old squaw flew 10' in front of us......... if I only had a gun [cool]

·
Registered
3,206 Posts

·
Registered
7,283 Posts
I was pheasant hunting in Alpha and there were geese everywhere. Some came over low enough that they could have been added to the day's take.:p
But not having the proper ammo, stamps and numbers, they got a free pass.:)

·
Registered
10,462 Posts
Posted: 25 Dec 2005 10:48 AM

Non Typical
Currently Offline Posts: 567
I was pheasant hunting in Alpha and there were geese everywhere. Some came over low enough that they could have been added to the day's take.
But not having the proper ammo, stamps and numbers, they got a free pass.
Is that public land in Alpha?....The geese are absent further up river. I deer hunted yesterday about 2 miles south of the Milford bridge. There were no airborne geese. I am trying to find where they are staying along the river.

·
Registered
7,283 Posts
No, private lease on a farm. There were hundreds of geese flying all over. There are a number of farms in the area that were soybean and corn fields. They seem to be hanging out in those all day long. They occasionally get up for a fly around and then back to the fields.
I would think if you went around and knocked on some doors you might hit a couple that would let you goose hunt. For the most part the deer seasons are over, if there is no upland going on you won't be bothering anyone. It's worth a try.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.