New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wife just called me(three times actually).

Bear in the back yard attacking gasoline can. Managed to puncture and rip it up. Dug some on the gravel path, went up into the yard, sat down, laid there for a while. Rolled around a bit. Wandered off to neighbor's yard. Total time roughly 25 minutes.

I had her take some pictures, hopefully they come out. I'll post them tonight.

She said he was as big as the one the other day, likely the same bear. Definitely a male as his fuzzy cub makers were visible apparent.

Weird.

I wonder if he got high on the gasoline.

·
Super Moderator
12,370 Posts
[rofl] weird behavior is right...looking forward to the pics!

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ursine flambé. Can you imagine how that would read in the paper. "Man shoots assault rocket at bear, animal ignited into flames and exploded letting off a sonic boom while headed for orbit. Pieces rained down on nearby houses, lawns and cars."

·
Super Moderator
12,370 Posts
"Man shoots assault rocket at bear, animal ignited into flames and exploded letting off a sonic boom while headed for orbit.  Pieces rained down on nearby houses, lawns and cars."
[rofl]

make sure that the bear was injuring someone or something in your yard...in this state it wouldnt really matter honestly..but it would read something about the bear being the victim im sure...along with the title above

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
Bear in the back yard attacking gasoline can. Managed to puncture and rip it up.
Well...sounds like you need one of them there State recommended bear proof gas cans![hihi]

·
Super Moderator
12,370 Posts

·
Registered
11,803 Posts
Remember the three S's

Shoot
Shovel
Shut Up

:D :D :D

·
Registered
2 Posts
The bear was rolling in the gasoline and using it as an insect repellent. A bear did the same thing when my wife put cedar chips around our trees.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts