New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it is a late start, but I am heading out. I see Matt and Kris are too. Good luck all.

·
Registered
15,970 Posts
going this evenning. good luck guys.

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
Going to get out this afternoon.

-dan

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
About 200 #'s

Didnt see any ear tags or collar or anything.

I love seeing bears, they are so cool. Thats the third one Ive seen in there. One was about 350#'s, came right under my tree. I jumped the other one in the powerline thicket, it looked to be about 100#'s.

B

·
0 Posts
Good deal, be there on the opening day of the bear hunt, you both have a good chance[up]

B

·
0 Posts
That would of been a sight to see....see you both sceaming and running thru the woods, wonder if the bear would be laughing also[up] as long as you both come home safe thats what counts

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
I wanted the bear to come closer so I was calling to him with my mouth, I think he was kind of interested, but he spotted us.

Ive called them in up in Montague with those noises. I always hear them "talking" up there. He wasnt that big so I was thinking of chasing after him too, but I think Kris thought I was already crazy when I started making the bear noises. :eek:

Could you imagine the headlines?:

"Hunter chases bear for a half mile, bear collapses in front of den and calls the NJDFW." :D

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
Oh yeah, I forgot. My bad, there arent any bears in Northern NJ anymore. The F&W moved them all down south.;) I keep forgetting that.[smirk]

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
All I saw were 2 does about 90 yards away. Thought they would come right up the 4 wheeler path, but the didn't. Later I found out the the path wasn't clear. Someone cut down about 8 trees and they were laying across the path. Oh well.
Woj, how long has the Arch Street bridge been out. That is how I get to the property I hunt. I ended up having to go to Hoffman Crossing Road and then cut along Ken Lockwood Gorge. Now that is fun to do in the dark. Fortunately I found an easier way back to 513.

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
At least you saw something that you're allowed to shoot Mike! [up]

I keep seeing bucks and bears![confused]

·
Registered
18,564 Posts
I'm heading to high bridge in about 1 hour to do some hunting, mpemt24. right by the arch.

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Good luck Woj.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts