New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been hearing and reading some very positive reports regarding weakfish in and around Raritan Bay. Has anyone been out lately that can confirm this? It's great to see, because that fishery has been next to non existant the last two seasons.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Same here, but I don't see it happening.:( Weakies are so much fun to catch, not to mention good tablefare.

·
Registered
6,056 Posts
Try drifting worms up the Raritan reach channel.

I catch a lot this time of year - usually while snapper fishing.

Try the sedge islands in the Navesink and Shrewsbury. Pink Fin-S minnow or bucktails near the bridges will produce.

A kastmaster will coax a strike as well.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Always had good luck for them right where the reach passes staten island and that fishing pier over there. Right there on the opposite side of the channel from staten island there is a small wreck right near the green marker. Drifting in that region has gotten me lot of weaks, also back in the bay but only where you are marking bait. Once in a while, the flats and channel to the left of Perth Amboy sailboat anchorage produces quite a bit of weaks if there is bait back there. Good luck. Hope the spots produce weaks and not just fluke for you( or at least good size flukes).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts