New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Second time this week,me and the kid go to Assunpink,second time a group of yahoos drive, at 4pm!! Then at 4:20 2 idiots lug in beach chairs, shiny and noisy and set up 60 yards away. Popping soda cans and looking in the trees more than the groung.(Flying Deer?)

·
Registered
201 Posts
would real hunters actually do that? That sounds as though it would be detrimental to there own hunt. Maybe they like the area and are trying to drive everyone away by acting like jerks so people will steer clear and they can have it to themselves.

B

·
0 Posts
back in the late 90's It was opening day of shotgun, it was just after 1pm, I see 2 hunters father & son walking up the hill from the road. They come up to rock wall, and they are about 25 yds. from me but they don't see me, so I whistle he waves I wave, he and the son walk over, and they sit at the base of my tree. At first I was like what the hell !!!! So I say to him, what are you doing? Listen, you look that way (up hill) and we will look that way (down hill). I climb down, bring the father over to the side, I said 70,000 acres and you have to hunt next to me, he said I know what Im doing, this way we can cover more ground. Im in the tree Im already covering more ground then he can on the ground. I tell him, if he doesn't leave soon, his son is going to witness his father get hurt, and don't make it come to that. This guy walks off screaming and yelling, all the deer I think ran over to PA

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
thats some experience BHC! Its amazing the brain dead people a hunter can run into in the woods.

·
Banned
5,841 Posts
we have a name for the new hunters . we call them beachbums. these are the ones that get started in hunting later in life.with no real guidance.

·
Registered
6,056 Posts
I thought Hunter Education was Mandatory in NJ.

Plenty of places to hunt, but some people go out for one day during six-day and treat it like they own the woods.

Used to run into idiots on private land long ago.

·
Registered
5,435 Posts
The use Ambulance Sirens at 7 am on opening day to drive deeron the State Land here in Zone 1. They started doing it 2 years ago, Ask Matt he will tell you.

That is why I call it SLOBgun Season as it is NOT Hunting in my book.

·
Registered
4,885 Posts
Sounds exactly like what happened to us in PA this year. I don't know, but it must be the Norm in PA. to drive deer up and down the Mountains. Can someone from PA. clear this up? My Example, I walked approx. 3 miles into "Hells Hollow" set my self up in my treestand at 0545 and at about 0730 two idiots with whistles are putting on a drive, mind you they come close enough for me to ask them if they were lost or something because whistles are used as distress signals. They simply responded that they were putting on a drive up the ridge were some of their buddies were! I met with a few hunters at the parking area and they complained about the same thing. Usually you leave the deer drives for the last day, at least that's what I have always done in PA. No consideration what so ever!

·
Banned
5,841 Posts
Where I hunt the gun clubs show up on sundays and they start from one side to the next banging on trees with baseball bats. This has been going on all bow season this year.I hate to tell them that I still end up harvesting 4-6 deer a year. This is called bad ethics. And they are not good sportsmen.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Lazy, impatient, brain dead, no woodsmenship, and

lack of experience. That is what these guys are.

One of the WMA I hunt gets alot of pressure, but

there is some monsters on it. I take a canoe and

paddle or go with the tide to get back on one of the

many small one to five acre wooded ilsands an score

as the walk in or out. The deer are not stupid. The

canoe is also great for getting out the deer.

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
I think they drive Flatbrook every day of shotgun.

A couple years ago on opening day on the private property I hunt on, my dad and I shot a couple bucks. While field dressing that in a field a truck drives through the field and 2 guys enter the woods. Then I start head metal hitting metal. It sounded like they are putting up scaffoulding. I never did find the stand they were putting up. On top of that they didn't where any orange. Good thing I got my deer before they go there.

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
Wild Work- You see a lot of deer out there on the islands? I've been wanting to hunt that way a long time now. Also, if you don't mind me asking what WMA are you hunting deer on that has tides? I'm not looking to take over your spot, anywhere with a tide is not going to be close to me.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts