New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This guy has been hanging around for a couple years now.
I think he's the one who tore my shed door in half. He owns the telephone pole across the street.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
i say he owns more then just that pole [eek]canada got nothing on our black bear lol

·
Super Moderator
12,370 Posts
[eek] wow

·
Registered
4,236 Posts
He's a beast I bet he loves peanut butter and jelly
on white[rofl]

·
Registered
10,462 Posts
He owns the telephone pole across the street.
It puzzles me why they scratch up utility poles like they do. Often they scratch near the metal tag making me think there may be insects there. Other than that I wonder why they sctatch up the creosote treated poles. Perhaps our resident biology experts can comment 870? Telefante?

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'm not sure why they do it either but it's a good indication of how tall they are. Those metal tags are set @ 7 ft., this one's nose was just over it while he was stretching.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
It puzzles me why they scratch up utility poles like they do
bears will mark trees as scent posts....basicly like a buck rub...lots of the trees that are located on heavly used bear trails get used year after year....as bears travel through they will bite,claw,and rub on the trees leaving there scent behind....the trees will get hit hard this time of year since its right on the virge of there breeding season....

not sure why they are so fond of utility poles...i think it has to do with how well they hold the bears scent...i have some poles that get used so often and from year after year they are worn almost in half..

·
Registered
17,065 Posts
Too close for comfort.[eek] He is huge. Think he weighs m/t 600#? Pic with the garbage can makes me wonder.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.