New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm relatively new to the area, and i was wondering if anyone had any tips for fishing in lake Waywayanda. I'm mainly after perch and crappies, so any thing on those fish in particular would help.

·
Registered
15,970 Posts
Hi Sgt I'm not familar with that lake but if you want to take a trip to Lake Hopatcong I could show you some areas to catch some nice perch and Crappies.

·
11,226 Posts
I have fished Waywayanda for Large mouth. If you go straight across from the boat launch area there are some cliff like rocks that create a nice under water ledge for great b [no swearing please] fishing. I have also caught some good sized crappies with a 4 inch Rapala in the last hour of light along the same ledge. If you decide to venture to the far end of the lake into the shallows by the big pipes in the water BE CAREFUL! I was fishing for b [no swearing please] and pickerel back there one day and 2 bears came down to the water for a mid-day swim! They weren't real happy I was there and it was tough for me to get out with all the lily pads slowing me down! Not fun! When I was far enough away in the deeper water it was cool to watch the bears splash around! Great lake to fish! From the boat launch area up the left side of the lake towards the back the water gets real deep and you can get some trout out of there as well! Hope this helps a little..... Jim

·
Registered
15,970 Posts
SGT, Lake Hopatcong is a big lake between Morris and Sussex Counties Its off of Rt 15.

·
Registered
15,970 Posts
All of Jersey is one giant lake now.

·
Banned
3,206 Posts
Never fished Lake Hopatcong,is it a tough lake to fish? I hear it gets very busy when the nice weather hits.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
This fall there will be an outdoor service that will answer all your questions regarding the outdoors. An outdoors service company. Hunting, fishing, trapping and other outdoor activities. Hey, you just won 500,000+ acres, you just don't know where it is. With so little time to enjoy life, when will you find the time to research entirely your resources. Be on the look out for imformation about this company this fall in your local shops and stores. It will do what the internet and the 411 information operator has done for civil resources. Only with an outdoor twist. The research is finished, now it's in development.

Till our trails cross,

Ryan

·
Banned
3,206 Posts
[confused] ..... I don't know if I should know what wild work means, but I don't get it

·
Registered
18,564 Posts
he is writing a book that has all the wma's and other hunting and fishing stuff in it.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts