New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friend was in his kitchen and looked out his window over the sink and there was a buck straddling over a doe. They were only about 10 to 12 feet away from his house.

·
Banned
8,011 Posts
could he tell about how old the buck was? On a farm where i get my corn, they are seeing young bucks going at it all over the place, No mature bucks doing it yet.

·
Registered
5,451 Posts
We may have to start taking some imature Bucks like six's and fours to give the mature Deer a chance to spread there seed. I have also seen some young bucks hitting the Doe's some of the Deer I have seen are in there second year of being 4 or 6 pointers. I would rather see the 8 pointers out there spreading there genes. Taking some of the small bucks out of the herd is a good part of QDM. That 6 I have on video was a nice six and was about 1 1/2 2 years old. He is more then likely going to stay a six he had no brow tines and when they have no brow tines from my experience the will more then likely stay with what they a currently growing.

B

·
0 Posts
True, There is a 6pointer that I will take if I get the right opportunity.
you will take the 1st deer you see, including if they still had spots and milk dripping off there lips

1 - 7 of 7 Posts