New Jersey Hunters banner

Watched 3 drives on same ground in 2 hours today

990 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Bucksnbows 
#1 ·
I was meeting with one of my river restoration contractors this morning near the Musconetcong River and the old Tilcon quarry that is now a lake and my guy was running very late. I arrived in Stephens SP (zone 8 buck) around 9 am to see about 6 hunters just completing their drive along Waterloo Road. As they left, a second group of 4 rolled in and began to drive the same property but in the opposite direction. I continued to sit in my truck along the road and to read my paper and make some calls while waiting for my guy to arrive. The 2nd drive ended when yet a third group rolled up. This time I felt I had to say something and let this crew know I had just watched the same ground driven twice already. But they were unfazed and went in anyway. Needless to say, there were no shots heard during the maybe 2 1/2 hours I was there[hihi]

Same State Park but on the other side of Waterloo Road up the hill were no drives and I only watched a single hunter hike up. I guess most hunters are just lazy and the walk next to route 80 is nice and easy. Moral of the story, if it's an easy walk and close to a road, you're not going to be the only hunter(s) there!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.