New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was interested if anyone hunted in Warren Grove ...
Deer Zone #24. It has been quite some time since I was in that area and I am interested if anyone had any success.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hey BW,I hunted in that zone for the December buck week.I hunt off of Elwood road Behind the 2 new homes are going up.I didn`t see many deer though,but there were no hunters in the tract of woods that I was in.I had a buck jump a survey line on me on Wednesday.I hit`em in the rear,with buckshot,and lost the bloodtrail.That was the only buck I seen all week.My Brother-in-law seen 3 different buck and couldn`t squeeze off a shot.It seems like the clubs gave up on that area,I heard very few drives that week and one club actually came in the piece of woods that I was in on Saturday and did a push,but walked out with nothing.There was a ton of sign,but it looks like there will be more houses going up in the near future[go figure].One landowner told me that the state is selling 40 acre plots to put a house on Elwood Road and they are selling pretty good.Hard to believe cause I`ve been hunting there since 1980.We had a club that started hunting there in the 30`s til 1980.It was the Cinnaminson Gun Club.Our clubhouse was next to the old firehouse.Man, alot of things have changed over the years down there.Good Luck!!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Thats correct Goshen, the clubhouse used to be an old 2 room schoolhouse.With an outhouse,and Its right down the road from "Farmer Johns" little convience store.

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the update. I like to bowhunt close to the range ... off the main road heading towards the main gate ... there is a small lake on your right hand side ... I walk a fire break to a stand of taller trees. "Looks" can be deceiving ... that scrub pine and oak holds many deer of all sizes. During the gun season I am closer to the state forest off of Beaver Dam Road ... past the working bogs. I noticed that the land heading towards the state forest is posted by Kupire Corp. Any idea if "they" give permission to hunt this area? I have sent numerous letters requesting a meeting with someone to discuss this, but my letters and telephone calls have gone unanswered. Is Lucille's still open?

·
Registered
35 Posts
BW,I really cant answer any of your questions.I just hunt that one tract of land inbetween Elwood Road and Indian Cabin Road.Its pretty close to a mile from road to road, with a survey line with ridges,old fire cuts and dirt roads that seperate parcels of woods.Also has a large swamp where I put my stand on the outskirts on a nice ridge.Some parts are REALLY thick and parts where you can shoot 200yds.When I was scouting I found that there was NO hunting pressure whatsoever in any season last year,and a ton of buck sign.This piece of land probably has 2 or 3 more years of prime hunting on it.So if your interested I can put you right in there.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I think you guys are talking about two different areas. Warren Grove is off of Route 539 and Elwood is in Atlantic County off of Route 30.

·
Banned
8,011 Posts
I used to live down that way. Down in Little Egg Harbor (mystic Islands) just on the East side on GardenState Parkway. The woods just on the west side have some nice deer there. I used to drive the pineroads in there and always saw deer. I might try and hunt it this year.

·
Registered
201 Posts
[confused]I have just moved here from
Texas and though I will not be hunting this year I thought I could start some prep work for next season. I live in Egg Harbor City and was wondering if the zone I am in (42) is any good, nobody seems to talk about it at all. Are there better areas to scout out .. really not sure where to start, hope you guys can help. Thanks

·
Registered
942 Posts
There are some real good area's near EHC ..I think there's a coulpe of club's near Sweetwater and Weakstown..Or you can go up the road toward's Hamington..Spelling....Try some club's , maybe they can help you..[up]Good luck

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
Spent my summers on Cervetto Road as a kid used to play whiffle ball on Route 539 before they built Atlantic City, a car would come by every hour or two!

Used to see 200 deer in the summer, eating Jack Cervetto's Corn, then come hunting season you couldn't find a hoof print! Different now, lot of driving clubs in the area!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Phishnutz I belive cinnaminnson gun club members joined up with The Manahawkin Antlers years ago after a fire hit the club theres alot of older members still with the club now were off of RT 72 and 539 we still hunt out there.

·
Registered
8,512 Posts
WOW!!!!! Think this one breaks all records of old posts brought back!!!!! 6years old. Wow!!!!!!!
I just read this whole thread. [ko] Wtf [rofl]

1 - 20 of 20 Posts